• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gauges work again

I've been fighting an intermittent no bus/ no gauges issue for a while now. I narrowed it down to the cluster because sometimes a hard bump would cause them to go away and a soft bump with my hand  would bring them back. While waiting for the ATF to stop dripping so I could change the cooler return line I finally pulled the cluster. The slides that hold the plugs in the dash appeared to have relaxed over time allowing a considerable amount of play. After a Yankneck Ed dielectric grease treatment I put some toothpick shims behind the plugs to tighten them up much like a builder would shim a window. I'm not implying that @JAG1 would ever use a shim but some guys do :). Put it back together and all has been well for a little while now.

• Like 1

ain't it a nice feeling when it turns out to be not as expensive as it usually is :)  it amazes me.... a great engine wrapped up in absolute electrical rubbish, I've had a fair amount of problems with seatbelts (in the seats) and seatbelt warning lights, if MacDonalds kids toys had any electrical parts contained they would still be 100 times better than the seat solenoids, oh same goes for doors locks and window switches

• Like 1