• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gauges and big line kit

I have had a big line kit for the filter housing to the VP44 for some time and want to install it.

I have 2 “T’s” to splice into the rubber line in order to install the fuel pressure port. One is for the Quadzilla fuel pressure and the other is to

the manual gauge on the pillar.

Anyone see a problem with having two taps close together on the rubber line? Right now I have the banjo tapped on the VP for only the manual gauge.

2 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Why not just one T off the 1/2" line for the fuel pressure gauge then tap that smaller line with a T for the Quadzilla.  This way you only need one snubber and needle valve to eliminate the hammer effect on the down stream gauges.  

I agree with this.  That way you can put the 2nd Tee in a better location rather than cluttering up that area with a bunch of lines and connections. 

• Like 1

• Staff
On 8/28/2019 at 11:38 PM, Evan said:

I'd get a 90deg fitting and tap pressure gauge on the 90going into the vp44. Actually that's what I did with a snubber to a mechanical gauge.

Evan, it's a bit better to tap with a 'T' because your a little further away from the VP44's hammer effect Right? I'm asking.

Plus you shouldn't have a hard 90 degree at the VP, but a 'long sweep 90' for less cavitation problems. Vulcan has those in half inch. 

• Owner

Best setup... Sensors mounted to the cab wall. All fuel stays on the engine side. Then just wiring into the cab. 

IMG950400.jpg

ISSPro EV2 series. USB programmable gauges. 

IMG950402.jpg

Here is the tap point on a stock truck The outlet line of the stock fuel filter at the bottom. The needle valve is just a safety shut off in case of failure. The snubber is the brass fitting just after the needle valve then there is 5 feet of tubing to allow pulses to fade into the distance to the sensor on the firewall. Those fitting are PTC (push to connect) fittings. You can reuse them over and over. Just push tubing into the fitting its self sealing and self locking. Push the blue collar down and release the tubing. 

Don't use grease gun hose it will not work!

IMG950407.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man