• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1996 Dodge Ram Sport headlight on the passenger side is bright and the headlight on the driver side is dim and makes no difference with high beams on,  does that mean that the light bulb is burnt-out on the passenger side because I put a new bulb in where the dim light is on driver side and there was no change.

Pulled socket  tester lit up on socked ground to low beam means ground works  1996 Dodge Ram sport pickup truck don't show although I have heard that it has 2. Is there any way you could show me a picture of where are the fuses would be for the headlights or explain where may work...thank you... 30-year I'm disability now. Appreciate help.

• Owner

Only has that single fuse in the power distribution center under the hood. 

Grounds are at the fenders. 

So now check the socket for +12V on each leg. 

It could be a rare instance of the filament broke off and flopped over another leg inside giving a weak glow. I would give a new bulb a shot if the voltage is present on the hi and lo legs of the socket. 

I already got a new light bulb and put it in the dim headlight  driver side, still dim  and today I clean the fender grounds  and I'm going to install new battery post even though they are all making contact just to be on the safe side so I don't have problems in the future with that part of it. and driver side ground wire eye fell off it when I touch it with my finger so I clean the area with the super light sandpaper and reattach the wire under the boat and tightened everything up so it is grounding temporary.  I'm going to do the same thing on the passenger side tomorros. I also changed the light bulb on the passenger side because i heard the headlights feed off each other and still no change and I also took that lightbulb in the house and tested it as well as the other one and they work fine... I'm going to have to get a tester to tell voltage instead of the little light bulb LOL I'm a rookie but I have done my electricity in my homes... when I look down at the plug for the headlight on the passenger side I see a little square box down on/by the frame straight down and has wires connected to it and it's about a 1" x 11/2"  do you know what that box is ???? I'm wondering if that's a relay for the headlights or something ????  And the second question is if I can splice The ground wire just before the socket to the dim headlight and ground it to the frame and turn the lights on to see if it will work as a test is ok right ????  And thank you in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2019 at 9:50 AM, kerrymartin said:

I just went out and tested by removing the left hand headlight socket and the right-hand socket still worked when I turn the brights and dimmers on which told me the single system still worked good so I used a pair of automatic wire stripper and opened up a quarter inch area wrap the wire around the ground and grounded it and now the left hand headlight works well... So I just want to say thank you for all your time and I appreciate it very much

a person would be smart to go around the older vehicle and redo all the ground connections and clean real good because mine were falling apart completely when I just touch them, even if they don't need it, especially in old Vehicles like my 23 year old 1996 Dodge Ram 4x4 sport witch has other ground issues and are All good right now - I will clean every single ground wire connection and new wire tips.. Thanks again

Edited by kerrymartin
  • Like 1