• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Borg Warner sxe300 62 65 14 turbo :)

48 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

a 62/68/12 is good for 200+ hp injectors with proper tuning or 7 x .010's without  I wouldn't even consider running that turbo with 50's lol.

with proper tuning 7 x .010's are GREAT for a stock hx35.  

Eventually plan on getting a 62/68/12. But are you saying 7 x .011's are better for the size turbo? I already have 7 x .010s to go in.

Future

That hx35 sounds like fun

Mike

The temps you've posted seem inline with my hy35

I can imagine you have to pedal of grades. 

60 60 12

Would make a good comparison to 

62 65 14

I'm sure I'll emidatly love or hate it.

Me.

Yes I'm wondering if 62 68 12 the way to go. Lol your not helping. .

Turbo may get here today guess I'll find out soon enough. Maybe my hy35 is tired enough I'm not seeing its potential and itl be a night day improvement going to sxe even with the 14exhaust houseing..

Hoping this turbo isnt all top end. 

Stop second guessing yourself Evan it's going to run well. 

It's a 3rd gen turbo that got shipped to me.  Should I make it work. 

20190911_184130.jpg

Researching clocking the turbo 180deg

I dunno I think just send this back. I waited a week already what's a couple more 

Lots of monkeying around to make the 3rd gen cold pipe work clocking and fabbing.  Part if me think cool I get to weld the other part says send it back and get the one that bolts on.

Edited by Evan

Hi,

The turbo is aftermarket, but the price is decent.

I am a bit late to the  thread. 62/65/14 will perform similar to a 62/68/12.

great for 125-150HP and turned up Adrenaline or comp. 

With custom tuning you can go with bigger injectors and reduced teh fuel stretch on the VP44 and have more control of how and when you want the injection event.  

SXE turbo will have some benefits as its genuine Borg Warner parts.

SXE gives you 360* thrust for better oiling and turbo life, Billet compressor wheel that will flow about 77-78 lbs/minute.

62 is more like 66-72 lbs/minute. 

If you want to run the turbo you have  ask them to swap compressor covers and send the 3rd gen cover back.  Check the turbine housing it may be a short actuator and 4.4" outlet.  If that is the case a full exchange would be better.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, dieselautopower said:

Hi,

The turbo is aftermarket, but the price is decent.

I am a bit late to the  thread. 62/65/14 will perform similar to a 62/68/12.

great for 125-150HP and turned up Adrenaline or comp. 

With custom tuning you can go with bigger injectors and reduced teh fuel stretch on the VP44 and have more control of how and when you want the injection event.  

SXE turbo will have some benefits as its genuine Borg Warner parts.

SXE gives you 360* thrust for better oiling and turbo life, Billet compressor wheel that will flow about 77-78 lbs/minute.

62 is more like 66-72 lbs/minute. 

If you want to run the turbo you have  ask them to swap compressor covers and send the 3rd gen cover back.  Check the turbine housing it may be a short actuator and 4.4" outlet.  If that is the case a full exchange would be better.

Trying to get a tape on a hx40 downpipe or turbo.  Prooving hard to do. Smedding is not responding. 

I burned an inch on the id.

Thinking this is the 4.4" outlet.  I could have a 700 dollar paper weight . What trucks or turbos have the 4.4" outlet. I'd just have to get that downpipe or weld on adapter. 

I wont allow it to become a paper weight 

20190912_205659.jpg

DAP

https://puredieselpower.com/dodge-products/turbos-and-accessories/accessories-2/downpipes-and-clamps/page-4/?items_per_page=-1#/product/19366

I found this. I think this is a he351 flange. What turbo do I have. Not lock of paper work came from smedding but they did send a beer coozy and smedding stickers.

I dont even know how to confirm that this turbo is a 62 65 14. 

What is short actuator.  Do I want to stay away from that?  It appears this turbo is everything that it's not supposed to be.

Edited by Evan

Ok. I'll call them. Getting no response by email :(

I wanted a 4" down pipe any ways so figured I was only out the cost of your pipe to turbo 

thanks again your being aton more help than smedding 

smedding was helpful on the phone. Though I'm having a heck of a time emailing them photos of the turbo I recieved 

will be doing an exchange.  I'll stay with the 62 65 14 

Edited by Evan

I guess I'm going to do this in two parts. 

Seeming to be a very straight forward easy manifold swap.

I've got studs to replace all manifold bolts and turned exhaust nuts flanges down to clear bd manifold.

Didnt know if leaving the turbo in place would all clearance.  Theres plenty to get out all manifold bolts.

Well see if egt or anything change. I kinda doubt it.

Might be more noise under the hood.

Everything is the same 

20190914_162027.jpg

20190914_155400.jpg

20190914_174358.jpg

20190914_182847.jpg

Edited by Evan

Digging more into this 3rd gen turbo issue it appears the screw up is on my end.

I'm in touch with smedding through text now and will be sending this 3rd gen turbo back for the proper 2nd gen turbo.

Smedding is handling my screw up well and gave several options they were also willing to send parts to make the 3rd gen turbo bolt on but the short waste gate actuator puts a cabosh on that.

Looks like itl be a week to get this one back and another week to get the right one back to me. Grrr. Ohhhhwell my screw up.

Heres a finished pic of ex manifold.  I reused turbo gasket and oil outlet. No leaks.  I didnt want to use gaskets I bought for the new turbo.

20190916_235649.jpg

Edited by Evan