• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Possible valve float?

Truck runs great but when I go WOT it just feels like it runs out of power on the top end. I have the wastegate at ~40Psi and drive pressure will hit ~55-60psi at WOT. Truck just kind of dulls out at anything 80+mph. Is this symptoms of valve float? Truck does have stock springs in it and I know I’m already ordering some new ones since it needs them anyways just hadn’t gotten around to it yet. I have 3.54 gears so I’m not reving the truck out as I only see roughly 2000rpm while going 70 in od 

7 hours ago, Bullet said:

I wouldn't think so...sounds like it's just defueling at a certain rpm.  I run up to 60psi boost and rev to 3500+ and I haven't had any float issues with stock springs and rods. 

It shouldn’t be defueling is the thing. All defuel permaters on the quad are turned off. And I shouldn’t be out of injector as my turbos only a 67mm with a small backhousing, could my turbo be choking it out on the top end? 

Drive pressure could be fixed by porting the wastegate port from about 5/8" to 15/16"  It will almost double the from w from the wastegate and reduce drive pressure closer to a 1.2:1.0 Boost (48psi drive, 40psi boost).  There is lost energy overcoming all that back pressure.

Our new 103# spring will be ready to go beginning of next week.  Matched specs with our new computerized spring dyno.

Remember that these trucks move a lot of air and are not very aerodynamic.  Drag soaks up a lot of HP.  I guessd on some of these but 60MPH is 50HP, and 100HP is 188HP.

image.png.dbe32365e331b82d4f6075aabf8f24a0.png