• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oregon cooling.....

JAG1

• Staff

Your lucky yours is dry. my unsplit rounds are sitting in rain today, but we are supposed to have another warm dry spell so not too worried.

Redneck rain gauge shows we got an inch of rain in the last 24 hrs. Very cool as most years rains don't come back till another 3-6 weeks.

Get your firewood done soon..... I'm thinking we are about due for a good winter this time around.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

This summer has been fantastic this year.  Surprisingly cool temps overall, with the occasional high days.  I've been planning for wood early this year so hopefully I have a handle on things before the cold winter days roll in.

The funny thing about the weather patterns I have noticed these past few years or so is that I remember the hottest part of the day being around 1-2 pm.  Now the hottest part of the day is 4-5 pm.  And the afternoon heat is intense, like you feel like you're burning even though its only in the mid 90's.  Weird...

I remember there being a rumor that the planet has turned slightly off its axis due to normal patterns in weather, or one that said an earthquake knocked it off a few degrees.  Maybe its true. :ahhh:

Edited by KATOOM

• Staff

Yeah it is true I think I remember the north pole has moved some 200 miles from its normal position. Man I hope that means we get the northern lites down further south. That would be cool.

I wanted to mention about global warming.... the fact that just outside our atmosphere the temperature is -245 degrees F. in space.... Isn't that a major factor in helping keeping us cool. ?

• Like 1

• Staff

In oregon we used to cool off fast at night in the summer. We aren't seeing any of that lately for the past few years. It's like the jet contrails are trapping the heat in overnight. I see so many contrails now literally almost covering the entire sky when the suns' angle is just right.

This summer has been wonderful in Oregon as well. I thank God for that because I suffer excessively on hot days now that I'm just a wee older. I tell ya tho I can eat a danish the size of a diner plate very easily. IBMobile gives me a morsel at camp. I think he gobbles them down when everyone is asleep.

• Staff
9 hours ago, KATOOM said:

Yeah but all that liberal hot air is warming things up.

Don't get me started about the apostolate of the new religion of the left.

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I see so many contrails now literally almost covering the entire sky when the suns' angle is just right.

Does it look like this?

1808087586_th7.jpg.2fcb73b153b9b16ed95150ff87d6668f.jpg

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I tell ya tho I can eat a danish the size of a diner plate very easily.

I've seen you do it that's why I have to hide them when you come over for coffee at camp.

• Haha 1