• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

I'm not sure if the video came through, but this one's just for fun. This is Skyler Oestrich's (Dynomite Diesel Products) race truck on the chassis dyno at Hunting 4 Horsepower here in North Idaho last Saturday.

Any HP guesses?

Edited by Dynamic
  • Like 2

Just now, Evan said:

It did work.

Are you by sand point? 

This was in CDA.

• Like 1

Skyler made 1552 hp on this pull.

This truck has run a best of 9.765 @ 137.69 mph. He has been running one of my transmissions all this season. Great young man!

• Like 3

As long as you guys will still go to church and not let this take over your whole life it's okay then. :thumb1:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Single turbo (a very large single turbo) with external wastegate, about 65 psi boost.

Rule of thumb. For every 1 PSI of boost is roughly flywheel +10 HP

Just the jump from the HX35 to the HX35/40 Hybrid was a fairly big increase of CFM flow. Boost never changed. Still the same 45-47 PSI roughly. I do hit the choke point on a performance tune where my economy tune the choke point isn't an issues at all. Quadzilla give you the ability to tune for your hardware.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

Skyler makes well over 1000 hp on fuel alone...at about 65 psi of boost, on a single turbo (and a relatively small one at that). A well balanced system accomplishes MUCH! Dynomite Diesel for the win...!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Evan said:

7-8 is probably more realistic 

8 hours ago, Evan said:

I meant 7-8 hp to 1 psi

That why I say rule of thumb... Doesn't away fit exactly but gives a good idea of what the person is capable of making. Like @dieselautopower pointed out he's only making 65 PSI but over 1,000 HP to the wheels. 

Once he gets up into high gear with the converter locked, they have to load the dyno. Then he can start the pull once the dyno is loaded and ready. That's what you see at the end. The actual pull doesn't last very long.

boost correlation with HP would be hard to measure, (variables like turbine size, compressor wheel and turbine wheel size, gated housing or non gated, altitude etc.)

hx35 might fit rule of thumb of 8-10HP per psi, but drive pressure and altitude would still affect it considerably.

HX35 would be LUCKY to get much more than 54lbs/minute at likely 60% efficiency at 35psi

62mm sxe @ 30 psi could flow up to 75lbs/minute or nearly 60psi at 76% efficiency 

image.png

Edited by dieselautopower
  • Like 1