• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New to this forum, seems like a knowledgeable group of guys (shout out to y'all)

However I'm having issues with my 2001 5 speed. She has a quadzilla adrenaline tuner, scheid diesel 100hp injectors, and an edge boost elbow. After installing the injectors she has a slight white haze coming from both the exhaust and the engine compartment. Both are very light. The exhaust gets denser when accelerating, and sometimes turns black. It seems to smell normal (not sweet like coolant, or like burnt oil). What could cause these symptoms if of concern at all? It also is is jerky/studdery at around 1200 rpm, but smoothes out at higher rpm, or harder throttle input.

Also I have a stock clutch, with very low mileage on it. It seems to rattle under harder acceleration, is that just due to the clutch not liking the torque?

• Owner
On 9/10/2019 at 7:43 PM, TheVanillaGoose said:

It also is is jerky/studdery at around 1200 rpm, but smoothes out at higher rpm, or harder throttle input.

Timing on the 1500 band slide it down 1 degree.

On 9/10/2019 at 7:43 PM, TheVanillaGoose said:

The exhaust gets denser when accelerating, and sometimes turns black.

Injector issues.

Rather common for most builders to set for 300 bar or 305 bar. This will improve flow but shortens the life span of the injector and the MPG are typically lower as a result. Like myself I went up in pop pressure to 320 bar for MPG and longevity reasons. 310 bar is stock injector pop pressure. 293 bar is the bottom limit. Most injectors can drop 10 bar in mere 10k to 20k miles just settling or breaking in.

Why white haze and from engine compartment?

I wonder if the haze from compartment is fuel steaming off hot engine

Out the tail pipe I dunno. Could be scarey there

If they are closer to 150 wouldn't there be more black smoke than white haze.

Check at night with truck running with a flashlight see if any of your fuel tubes are spraying fuel. 

The one under the firewall might be.

11 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

What's it smell like under hood 

It smells normal, it's just a very light haze. From reading around a bit it sounds like the scheid injectors are known to haze. 

Also after installing a mechanical boost gauge, I found that the quadzilla boost is reading very low. Replacing map sensor tomorrow.