• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

100HP DAP Injectors with aftermarket Bodies for 98-02 match flowed VOC

100HP DAP Injectors with aftermarket Bodies for 98-02 match flowed VOC?

I Have a set of  these and My Stockers have 147 on them, thinking of swapping these in, when I do the Valve lap tune up.

I also have a HP VP44 , and was wondering if I should give it a try against my stock VP44, (was wondering if that would bode well with the 100HP injectors.)

I thought maybe this would keep me from needing a tuner.

My Turbo is the HX35

Let me know what you guys think 

25 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

without someway to boost fool there isn't much to be done to increase power. 

I would skip the HR pump, sell it and buy a tuner.

Boost fooler elbow?

What about the 100hp DAPs?

I just want a bit more power :shrug:

Edited by Scottyv
adding more info

Once the ECM sees about 20 psi of boost it is going to defuel the engine. You either need an electronic boost fooler so the ECM does not see 20 psi + of boost or a tuner  that has it built in. And then a boost elbow to allow the HX to build more boost. Pretty much what @Me78569 just said. 

Yep the injectors are fine, but they won't do squat for power unless you keep the ecm from defueling.  

Thus you need a boost fooler and a boost elbow.  I would HIGHLY suggest at least getting a quadzilla xzt tuner as it will make the timing map much better than stock and it has a boost fooler built in.

I drove mine with just rv275's for about three years. I also have an aftermarket waste gate that opens near 33psi. I could feel the extra power up until boost exceeded 20 psi or so then the engine would defuel. Pretty much had to drive by the bosst gauge. I got pretty good at it but it was a pita.

Actually no boost fooler you will notice an improvement, at least I did. I ran no boost fooler and 7x009 injectors for a few years. Towed better gets up and goes better.  Smokes more. Tows better.

I later did boost fooler and ohhh man boost jumped to 30psi from 20. Also egt dropped some.

Toss them in. Go from there

12 minutes ago, Evan said:

Actually no boost fooler you will notice an improvement, at least I did. I ran no boost fooler and 7x009 injectors for a few years. Towed better gets up and goes better.  Smokes more. Tows better.

I later did boost fooler and ohhh man boost jumped to 30psi from 20. Also egt dropped some.

Toss them in. Go from there

Yup thats what I'll be doing. Have the trans update now , new gauges are in, and the large air input is in . Fass 150 is in ,Looking into the best exhaust, and a reasonable tuner , Not sure what will be best tuner. Truck is strong but geared slow with the 5 speed and 4.10. Mostly I just don't like the weak HP pull,  when tugging a 7k trailer up a 7%. It strains more then I think it should

Don't get me wrong I would love a newer truck but I'm a working man and it's just not there. 

Thanks Evan.:thumb1:

3 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Yep the injectors are fine, but they won't do squat for power unless you keep the ecm from defueling.  

Thus you need a boost fooler and a boost elbow.  I would HIGHLY suggest at least getting a quadzilla xzt tuner as it will make the timing map much better than stock and it has a boost fooler built in.

Ok Is a used one from Ebay a mistake, are they programed to the truck they are first place into, or can they be placed on any stock truck after being used. In other words is used problematic. 

I bought a used smarty for $200 the SO3 programmer. Its definitely not the best programer out there but really did livin up the truck and wake the injectors up even more.

I'm running the smarty on its max power setting but turned down alittle in fine revo settings. 

my truck smokes but is getting 17-19mpg and weighs 10k with all my work stuff in it. I haven't seemed to be able to break 19mpg yet.

The 100hp injectors were the best mod for power and fuel mileage even without the programmer or boost fooler.

I'd be Leary of buying a programmer off ebay for fear its vin locked unless it's a quad or something like that that cant be vin locked 

I bought my smarty local and took it for spin before handing the cash over

• Owner

Remember Quadzilla is a 180 HP tuner on just a stock truck.

I've ran 7 x 0.0085 VCO Injectors (+75 HP) and 7 x 0.010 @ 320 bar VCO injectors (+150 HP). Seriously huge jump in power compared to Edge Comp and +50 HP injectors. With the way I'm set up its possible for me to break the tires loose in just about any gear. 

My last trip on the interstate I twisted out 21.39 MPG at 80 MPH using my economy tune. 

Im not disappointed in the fuel mileage, I get 13.8 towing in town and hills, 14.5 plus towing on flats running in fifth over 65mph. (seem to get better mpgs  if i keep the RPM's high in the 2500 range for cruising.

But empty and keeping the turbo out of the drive I can squeeze 21 mpg. (dully 4.10 and smaller tires which are better for towing. but not mileage) I cant complain. I Just want better ponys for increased confidence when going up hill. I have had to push it to the floor in fourth just to stay around 40mph when towing up steep grades, and third is not a strong gear and doesn't like get down shifted into.

Going through scenic hwy 16A in the Big Horns was not fun.

When pulling a grade a pick the gear and pull the hill. I never push the pedal far enough to force a downshift.

3rd is plenty strong if tranny is healthy and tourge converter is locked. The only time I'm Leary is towing gravel mtn rds in 1st and second where only fluid coupling is moving the truck. 

Yeah , But mine is a NV4500 and third is not a strong point on these trans. Its running off the counter, and this is a week link. Many Nv4500's fail in third first. Mine have and recently mine did it again. Sheared the input shaft in wyoming had to wait a week for the trans from MN. Up-grades help and the SBDD will hold better but without proper HP,  torque becomes a 16 lb sledge hammer on the trans. Keeping above the turbo with RPMs.  Because the NV 4500 is missing a gear between third and fourth. On hills your running 25ook rpms at 30 mph , or shifting down to 4th and lugging it behind at 1300rpms. especially behind some RV that shouldn't be on the road, going 35mph blocking the road.

4th requires about 40 to 45 mph to work well. But, you cant get fifth until almost 50 mph, or you'll be lugging it hard. It's just not a well planned out transmission for hill and towing. these transmissions are good but not well planned out . (with low to high and not much in between). Get on a mountain and you'll find out just where it is missing a gear. Makes me Kinda wish I had a 6sp. But I have been told they are weaker all around. So I opted for a slightly updated NV4500 with the larger input shaft. and now im looking into HP, and bigger tires, and I don't want to re gear. to a 3.73 for the 2k cost

• Like 1