• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

330IT Mom wagon project

Me78569

• 2 weeks later...

Today I spent a few minutes fixing hte clear out on a small area.   I also got some trim pieces installed that were missing.   color isn't %100 but it is close enough.

Big fix was there is a "DISA" valve in the intake which simulates longer intake runners up top in the rpm band and shorter runners down low by opening and closing.

O6TI1bU.png

there is a Oring on the valve that the PO thought to use some RTV on, rather than by the $5 oring and replace it.  The vacuum leak was causing some O2 codes and rough idle and elevated idle while on the brakes.  

Went down to ACE, spent $0.65 and got a new oring and fixed it up.

On my vw there is a what's called swirl flaps, it's a spacer that goes the length of the plenum. Designd to push more air in at lower rpms I think. They avantualy wear out and brake, causing some pieces to go in engine and damage. Not sure if yours same or similar. I had mine disabled in full open position. You can buy a spacer kit I believe to eliminate it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Replaced the steering coupler this today.  I can say that the old one was really bad resulting in the car jumping around on different surfaces and shimming on deceleration.  

I am kinda thinking the front end was fine, but oh well.

open-uri20141107-2865-jpnzhx.?1496445351

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Made some progress and ordered some parts.  I can get it back on the road for ~500 and looking back to normal for ~1000.

Got everything broken pulled off and banged out the mounting and wheel well.

IMG_20210623_112038_01.jpg

IMG_20210623_121130_01.jpg

• Like 1