• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla EGT accurate??

Ronniemx3

accurate enough.  All gauges are going to read differently.  Some people report it is the same as their mech, others report it is low by 100* and so forth.  

same goes for all gauges and sensors.  

Edited by Me78569
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Glow shift doesnt really have a good rep so i dont know if i am inclined to believe the quad is more or less accurate

I drive by the quad readings.  I'd believe it before the Glowshift one because of they're questionable history. 

Side note: does anyone know what decent gauge will fit in a Glowshift pillar gauge mount? :think:

• Owner

Upper end is high inaccurate. Normal running range up to 1,200 is good beyond forget it. Boost above about 35 PSI is skewed as well.

Being I'm running both a ISSPro EV2 gauge and Quadzilla Pyro as well. The normal range is about +50*F high for the most part on EGTs. Now above 1,200*F very wild numbers. If I run up to 1,300*F to 1,400*F on the ISSPro gauge the Quadzilla reported in the logs I hit 1689*F as a max at the same time making 47 PSI of boost on the ISSPro EV2 boost gauge Quadzilla report a max of 67 PSI. I know that my little HX35/40 hybrid would never make that far not to mention the head gasket. Being I monitor engine oil temperature as well I know there is no way I made 1,689*F with of EGT's but 1,300 or 1,400*F is very doable. 

The only two I really don't monitor on the Quadzilla is EGT or Boost I use the ISSPro gauges for accuracy. 

Most of the time I run the Quadzilla headless without a display and rely mostly on the ISSPro Gauges.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

Update EGT accuracy...

Lost my ISSPro EV2 probe not long ago. Replaced it with a Quadzilla probe which it worked out just fine on the ISSPro gauge but there is less offset now very close to being right on the money between the two gauges. Might be worth just say that my offset was a probe that was failing and the offset was created as the probe wore out and then failed. 

ISSPro EV2 Boost vs. Quadzilla MAP sensor still skewed. I've tried my old factory 2002 MAP sensor and the 2001 MAP sensor as well. No change still skewed above 30 PSI.

• Thanks 1