• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Second gen long gun safe storage

I want to safely lock up two long guns in the cab of my truck.  The storage solution must be lockable with a high security keyed lock or a pad lock option so I can use my preferred lock.  Bicycle cable solutions are not acceptable and while not 100% necessary concealment is preferred. What is out there? Everything I have personally seen is either pistol related or specifically for third gen trucks.

20 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Can you have something fabricated that would bolt under the back seat?  Say 28gauge sheet metal with a hinged top, line it with felt and add hold down Velcro straps to keep the guns in place.   Incorporate the lock style of your choice.  

This is the direction I would look towards as well.  I haven't seen anything on the market for something like that...so my default is usually to make it myself.

• Owner

Most likely will need to head to sheet metal shop and have someone build you a custom gun box for under the back seat.

Problem still remains if someone steals the truck they will have the guns regardless of the locked box. Personally, I would be more about securing the vehicle than the guns. Worst case the thieves just come in with a roll back truck and take the entire truck, with the lock box and the guns inside. The box is just a temporary set back for a thief.

• Owner

To me a gun should never be stored in a vehicle period. My 9mm is typically on my hip. The ONLY time my 9mm leaves my side is when I got to enter a gun free zone. Which typically isn't so bad bad but now with places like WalMart saying Gun Free that is one last store I will not shop in. 

Personal firearm is like a seat belt. Your not going to get that chance to click your seat belt before an accident. Just like you going to ask the threat, "Hey let me go out to my truck, unlock my storage box and get my gun for protection." It doesn't work that way. A locked up gun is absolutely worthless. 

Just my personal view...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2019 at 9:03 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

To me a gun should never be stored in a vehicle period. My 9mm is typically on my hip. The ONLY time my 9mm leaves my side is when I got to enter a gun free zone. Which typically isn't so bad bad but now with places like WalMart saying Gun Free that is one last store I will not shop in. 

Personal firearm is like a seat belt. Your not going to get that chance to click your seat belt before an accident. Just like you going to ask the threat, "Hey let me go out to my truck, unlock my storage box and get my gun for protection." It doesn't work that way. A locked up gun is absolutely worthless. 

Just my personal view...

Thanks for the advice.  Anxiously waiting on tips to conceal carry a 30cal rifle and a 12g shotgun at the same time.