• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High idle switch not functioning

I recently got my high idle switch and so far install went easy everything seems to be of decent quality, however. It will kick on the 3cyl warmup when put in 6cyl mode and nothing happens in 3cyl mode. Any input? I watched a video on it and the IAT and ECT switch to the correct numbers and the led is the correct color but it doesn't do what it should be doing. Any help on this? Thanks @Mopar1973Man

Are you keying off for 10 seconds between mode selection?

Are you ensuring you are not moving to 3 cyl mode prior to 6 cyl mode?

The ecm holds on to the lowest temp mode until key off, you cannot switch between 3 and 6 mode without keying off for 10 seconds.

Edited by Me78569

• Owner

If you select a mode of operation the ECM will continue that operation till the engine is shut down. So its not possible to start on 3 CYL mode and then flip to 6 CYL it will not change operation. You must shut off the engine and wait roughly 10 seconds and now select the new mode of operation then start again.

• Owner

Yeah once a mode is selected it remains for that key cycle. They other catch is you can start on 6 CYL and then select 3 CYL and it will flip. But no way back to 6 CYL unless you shut down for at least 10 second and re-select a new mode. 

If you even select 6 CYL it will follow last set mode if its 3 CYL.

Normal Idle -> 6 CYL -> 3 CYL       (No way back up the tree again - Shutdown required)

Edited by Mopar1973Man