• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Front brake dust shields

1 hour ago, dave110 said:

Apparently the PO never heard of never seize.

Been nice had Dodge knew about anti sieze. I gave every thing up front a good coat of anti sieze the first time I got mine apart. Had to use a small thermo nuclear device to get them off.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

My last trip on wheel bearings my air chisel tool did NOT work at all. I spent over 4 hours with a very larger hammer getting the driver side bearing out of the knuckle. Make sure to anti-seize the bearing hole and use a hone tool or similar to clean the hole up. The bearing should fit true but not sloppy loose. 

I used two impact sockets and impact extensions while holding them, and had my brother turn the steering wheel. I did it in cross cross pattern and they came out in about 5 mins. engine not running. Just nice and quick.

Yup its known secret. Work smarter not harder. 

No beating involved. Ok I did learn on the second bearing

The first one I cried alot attempting to remove with a sledge hammer.  Wtf is holding this on I kept asking myself.

Edited by Evan

4 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

I used two impact sockets and impact extensions while holding them, and had my brother turn the steering wheel. I did it in cross cross pattern and they came out in about 5 mins. engine not running. Just nice and quick.

This is by far the best trick...except I cranked the motor and let the power steering do the work.  I didn't even get in the truck...just stood next to it and reached in with one hand to bump the wheel.  My brother is completely worthless so I did it all myself.  I changed to the freespin lockable hubs so I'll never have to do it again... :woot:

21 hours ago, Evan said:

Use a socket and short extension and trucks steering system to knock bearing loose.

Back bearing bolts off a 1/8" or so turn knuckle and wedge socket and section against axle

Had to the first time. No need to after never seize.