• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Speedometer jumping

So your saying bad bearings on either side of the differential caused your problems?

@Me78569 do you remember which wires it is on the plug in fender well?  I pulled the plug apart and sprayed with contact cleaner and put dielectric grease in in about a week ago with no change. I know it's going to be something simple I've just got to keep getting ideas and checking

@Mopar1973Man

When you sent your abs module in, did you unbolted it from the pump and left all the brake lines attached? Or did you send the whole thing in. Did you need a new gasket/oring if you detached the module? 

I'm thinking about swapping my module just the electrical part and see what happens. 

Edited by Dieselfuture

4 hours ago, William Smith said:

So your saying bad bearings on either side of the differential caused your problems?

I think Mike has 4 wheel abs, the tone ring failed in his front unit bearing. I think you said your truck was 2 wheel ABS, same as mine. So no, on the diff bearings.

I don't.

Use the wiring diagrams in the articles section to tell you what wires at the ABS plug.  Test for ohms at that plug.  Jump the plug at the pumpkin using a paper clip.

you should get near 0.00 ohm from the abs plug.  if you don't then you know you need to replace wires.

• 4 weeks later...

In case anyone wondering, sent my module to module masters in Idaho. Got it back installed and same thing. Abs/brake light come and go. Had a guy use snap on and got few codes for rear sensor. Went for a ride and front left is still dropping signal like it did before. Although I noticed just past 320 mark, both front left and rear drop at the same time, wondering if it's related. What's weird is it had code for rear sensor but no codes for the front.

20191114_160550.jpg

20191114_155921.jpg

• Staff

I had a car with an ABS code for the left rear wheel sensor.  I found where a rat had chewed through the wires at that sensor.  I repaired the wires and retested. The code for the left front sensor came on, those sensor wires had been chewed through also.   My scanner was picking up only 1 code at a time for the ABS system unlike multiple codes at a time for the powertrain (P codes).    

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2019 at 4:52 PM, Dieselfuture said:

In case anyone wondering, sent my module to module masters in Idaho. Got it back installed and same thing. Abs/brake light come and go. Had a guy use snap on and got few codes for rear sensor. Went for a ride and front left is still dropping signal like it did before. Although I noticed just past 320 mark, both front left and rear drop at the same time, wondering if it's related. What's weird is it had code for rear sensor but no codes for the front.

20191114_160550.jpg

20191114_155921.jpg

I take it back on rear sensor dropping signal, it's the front left that does it all the time and front right that you can see in graph dropped few times same time as left side. Rear never dropped but had a code for it. So I changed the rear sensor and now the brake/abs light turned off and so far are staying off. Maybe the rear sensor was bad enough to somehow trigger code and that's why light was coming on, weird that when monitored it's perfect. Time will tell.