• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2007 dual mass to single mass flywheel

Evan

Doing clutch on our 2007 trans is a 5 speed question mark. I have no clue I just drive it.

Truck is cab n chassis 2wd 1ton 

I better call six states to make sure they have a clutch and rear main I'm assuming throughout bearing is included with the clutch?

Should I do rear main? It is leaking alittle, I want this to be wam bam yank turn it put it back together It doesnt really bother me that it leaks. Theres a chance itl leak after I change it anyways.

Anything to look out for?

Local shops are busy so I'm going to pull tranny Thursday night get flywheel turned Friday and put back together by monday. Will also fit normal work schedule in. 

We talked about the labor it's a grand that's not huge deal it's being without it for a week plus. Just cant be down that long. Plus I gota earn my keep somehow and would never pay for labor on my 02 wich is my work truck 

20191017_184633.jpg

20191017_102318.jpg

Edited by Evan

Called six states to confirm they have parts. Appears this could be one of two clutches depending on if flywheel was upgraded.  

Will be tearing into it tonight and taking flywheel to be turned or upgraded. If it's a factory flywheel it has to go to salt lake to be turned.  So I'll upgrade at that point and get a clutch to match.

Something about a boot onto of the tranny should be replaced.  Not sure about that hopefully will see tonight 

Transmission is pulled fairly straight forward but got stumped by the dual mass flywheel and how to remove it and stopped for the night. I feel like a gomer because it removes the same as a tourge converter through the engine side plate. Grrr oh well. 

Most likely I'll be installing a one piece flex plate. I dont much care for this rattling dual mass contradiction. I dont think it can be turned locally anyways.

Headed for parts and solid flexplate and hydraulics to match

20191017_093725.jpg

20191016_193057.jpg

20191017_093705.jpg

20191017_102318.jpg

20191017_102148.jpg

Edited by Evan

Trans is stuffed back in. Scabbed some metal together with a welder and floor jack to stuff it. Didnt feel comfortable stuffing it with out having it stable in the air.

Ended up getting some long bolts to align and slowly pull it forward. Worked well.

Hoping to get it buttoned up tonight and go for a spin.

All buttoned up. Clutch is smooth like stock because it is ;)

Dual to single was a success.  Though I'll have to fiddle with length of rod on the slave. It's not quite letting go.

For now shes back to grunting a 14k machine around.

• 3 weeks later...