• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuseable links

Nick0629

2006 dodge 2500 6speed 4x4. Alternator suddenly quits charging. Had the batteries and alternator tested. Batteries where good but alternator failed. Replaced the alternator and it’s still not charging. Replaced all 4 terminals and cleaned everything. I keep reading about these “fuseable links” but can’t seem to find any great info. I tossed the alternator power wire like an idiot. Because I thought it was just a normal wire. So temporarily I used 3 strands of 12g fuseable link wire to replace it. At the same time as replacing the fuseable link I tied in a 16g ground wire from the alternator plug to a ground on the inner fender and bam the alternator is charging. I firmly believe it’s the ground I added that did the trick. So my question is... does that mean the ground going from the alternator to the ECM is broken somewhere between? Where can I find the “fuseable link” wire, because I can only seem to find 12g and smaller from parts stores. Also, would this cause a rough idle? Like my signature says, I’m on a fresh rebuild make 1,500 miles on it. I put bosh reman injectors in and had the cp3 tested at the same time from a local shop. The truck fires up without hesitation and runs solid for about 3 seconds and then the fuel pressure dips so low the truck will stumble and die out. If you give it a little throttle it will stay running and eventually the fuel pressure stabilizes and it will clear up. I’ve also noticed Some fuel residue on the high pressure line/fitting coming out of the cp3 and some fuel residue at the base of the fuel pressure relief on the rail. I’m assuming that’s my issue and it’s letting air in the system? I put a new fpr on the rail a few months back and it never had any issue. I can post the idle/ fuel issue in a separate thread if needed. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.