• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Driveshaft Center Bearing Diameter?

I have read the FSM for changing out the center bearing on my 2-piece driveshaft, and looked in the Parts List in the Articles section (which is for 2001/2002).  Part # listed is:  04773014.  When I go to Rock Auto that part number isn't listed for 2001 models, just 2002 models.  For both years, they list options with two different diameters (even when I've selected Diesel and Auto, etc.)  1.5748" and 1.3780".  Is there a good way to determine which I need without removing the clamp for the rubber boot and putting calipers on the shaft?

EDIT: The difference is in the Wheelbase.  If you have a 138" wheelbase (Quadcab, shortbed), you get the 1.3780" bearing.  If you have 154" wheelbase (Quadcab, longbed) you get the 1.5748" bearing.  Of course neither RockAuto nor other parts retailers care to mention that difference - THANK YOU @Mopar1973Man and your staff for compiling and sharing the parts lists, etc., to aid the rest of the community.

Edited by LorenS
Answered my own question!