• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

If you'd like some help, you will need to provide more details. I'd start by filling out your signature with details of your truck (year, model, mods, etc). And then let us know exactly how your transmission is behaving, has any work been done to it lately, etc.

Have you checked for trouble codes.  It most likely has some. I just had issues with mine I doubted it was sensor issues but did turn out to be the Gov pressure sensor or transducer causing my issues.  I replaced both and issues (2nd gear starts) went away.

I'd have to do some research to find out possible causes for not shifting into 3 or 4th. Those are electronic shifts.  So could be computer sensor related but dont discount mechanics fluid level bands, plugged filter etc.

5 hours ago, kzimmer said:

If you'd like some help, you will need to provide more details. I'd start by filling out your signature with details of your truck (year, model, mods, etc). And then let us know exactly how your transmission is behaving, has any work been done to it lately, etc.

I second this...I saw the original post and was going to reply something similar to what you did but I figured why bother.  I was trying to figure out how the OP could be any more vague and absent of any detail and I couldn't.  He nailed it!

Edited by Bullet

Yeah internal trans temp sensor will also cause that. Think its 2k ohms for your year cold. Or someone will correct that.

There is a 8pin plug you can check that out on the trans. It's in the book.