• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

If you'd like some help, you will need to provide more details. I'd start by filling out your signature with details of your truck (year, model, mods, etc). And then let us know exactly how your transmission is behaving, has any work been done to it lately, etc.

Have you checked for trouble codes.  It most likely has some. I just had issues with mine I doubted it was sensor issues but did turn out to be the Gov pressure sensor or transducer causing my issues.  I replaced both and issues (2nd gear starts) went away.

I'd have to do some research to find out possible causes for not shifting into 3 or 4th. Those are electronic shifts.  So could be computer sensor related but dont discount mechanics fluid level bands, plugged filter etc.

5 hours ago, kzimmer said:

If you'd like some help, you will need to provide more details. I'd start by filling out your signature with details of your truck (year, model, mods, etc). And then let us know exactly how your transmission is behaving, has any work been done to it lately, etc.

I second this...I saw the original post and was going to reply something similar to what you did but I figured why bother.  I was trying to figure out how the OP could be any more vague and absent of any detail and I couldn't.  He nailed it!

Edited by Bullet

7 hours ago, Evan said:

Those are electronic shifts

Just lockup and 4th are electronic.

• Like 1

Yeah internal trans temp sensor will also cause that. Think its 2k ohms for your year cold. Or someone will correct that.

There is a 8pin plug you can check that out on the trans. It's in the book.