• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

56 GMC 350 Cummins swap

Skymangs

I have a 1956 GMC 350 on an 83 chevy dually chassis. I’d like to put a 94-98 12v in it but can find no information on the subject. I’m gonna need ecm pinouts, fuel pump recommendations, instructions, the works! Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a good thread on this one.

https://mopar1973man.com/topic/8270-pilothouseram3500-build/?page=7&tab=comments#comment-218013

There also is one where they had a 5.9 school bus motor somewhere here, somehow my search items don't quite work tonight. Could barely find this thread after reading it, disappeared on me somehow.

Fuel wise the factory lift pump should be fine if it's just stock P-pump 12V. They are on the side of the engine.

Signup for a membership the books are available for download for the wiring and the sort.

Once you find one you can also go and sign up for QuickServe and register your ESN that will give you the details of the engine and parts diagrams. 

Transmission wise trying to stick with a manual might be easier. What were you thinking there?