• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I tow, and plow and sometimes the truck might idle for a few hours at a time while out on a job. 

I have DAP 7x.010 SAC injectors that at the time were new body injectors circa 2013 and they have over 200k.  I pulled one for a pop test and it was dripping slowly when closed so it's time for a replacement, also the truck is showing tired injectors by idle hazingl more and more with time.  I'm hoping to get some expert opinions on the matter to replace.

I have a truck built to make power while towing.Quad v2, converter is a little looser stall than stock, I've gone down from a s364 to an s362 that behaves well. SOVP, the rest is pretty normal components.

Given what I do with the truck, I hear VCO injectors might not last with long durations of load like towing interstate for hours and hours or idling for hours.  If anyone has lifespan experience in a similar work load I'd like to hear about it as well.  If    @dieselautopower has an opinon on what I should run and what BAR pop pressure it should be for good towing and less idle haze I'm all ears and will hop on the website and buy them today.

• Like 1

VCO's for fuel mileage and cleanliness.  SAC's if you don't care about either.  The advantages and disadvantages increase as the injectors get bigger.

I currently run 7x.010 VCO's but will be switching to 7x.012 SAC's in the future since the truck is just a toy now and I don't give much thought to fuel economy or smoke levels. 

The SACs perform fine on the road, they make power and don't smoke much thanks to the tune in the quad.  I don't expect perfection but I have a good combo for fuel control and it gets plenty of air.

Fuel mileage is a thought, I recently put this truck back into full time service after throwing the wallet at it from a few different angles and really should get something in return as a benefit. 

I'm also aware I need to make changes to the quad tune to go from sac to vco.  I am leaning on getting VCOs and then having the SAC injectors gone through and put away for a rainy day. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have many miles on my vcos form DAP but smoke has been increasing slowly, so I'm sure pop pressure is dropping. I've been adjusting canbus on quad to compensate. Kinda sucks that they don't hold pressure for very long. Next time they are out I'll pop them to 330ish, may do it myself yet if I get set up. Other than that still running ok for now ha ha.