• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ratings of stock aluminum rims 2001

• Staff

I have looked on the rims when off the truck for a number, but never found anything. One time I ordered too many landscape blocks and had about 4,000 lbs in the back to return them. Would you say then we can rate them at 2 k each. Their age can really reduce that number tho because with age they start cracking and letting out air about 250,000 miles.

4 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

. Their age can really reduce that number tho because with age they start cracking and letting out air about 250,000 miles.

Okay thanks... reason I ask ran across a guy at the grocery store with brand new rims and wheels and he said the only reason he got them was because one of his orginals cracked. I didnt know if common to crack or not.

New they should be good in the 3300 to 3600. I say that because I dont think Dodge put wheels on that would be rated for less the the rear of the truck.

I have 2 sets of the original wheels. 5 or 6 out of 8 of them have cracked. Finally had to take them off. I always liked the look of them.

Edited by dripley

• Staff

Ford rims 1995 thru 97 were made by Alcoa and are forged, but its only those years that had the Alcoa forged aluminum wheels. They are still available new and are still the strongest 16 inch wheel out there. Only trouble is they will go out past the fender well by about 3/4ths of an inch, but will accept the dodge center caps. I bought three sets on Craigs over the years from 75 to 220 bucks. So I have 12 total.

Alcoa Forged aluminum wheels are stronger than steel and all other aluminum wheels are cast aluminum. The molecular structure of an aluminum forged wheel is far superior and is able to go back to its original shape after load stress testing. The cast wheel will break and the steel wheel will bend out of shape in the test but the forged will go back to its original shape under the same pressure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Alcoa Forged aluminum wheels are stronger than steel and all other aluminum wheels are cast aluminum. The molecular structure of an aluminum forged wheel is far superior and is able to go back to its original shape after load stress testing. The cast wheel will break and the steel wheel will bend out of shape in the test but the forged will go back to its original shape under the same pressure.

Please explain gravity :popcorn:

Edit: sorry Jag I thought I was on the roll, don't take it the wrong way.  

All we do is make excuses for our jokes...

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 1

• Staff

Gravity is a good subject..... I think we spend our whole lives, in some way or another, trying to defy it. Especially as we men and women get older, yet the same time is what keeps us alive with running waters fresh from the mountain tops.

I think MoparMan is nearing an age where he starts to understand it :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1