• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck won’t shut off

I think it’s one of my new injectors....found a couple washers on one of the old ones so I’m thinking I missed one...

However though my battery keeps draining if I don’t disconnect it after I pull the fuel system fuse and key....so it can’t be an injector can it?

No on the injector. Not sure why you would find 2 on the old injectors unless you left one of the old ones in the last time you changed them.

I take it this was happening before changing the ignition swithc? Something is not cutting 12v to the engine. This is where it gets over my head.

Edited by dripley

• Staff

You have a first gen truck with a fuel shut off solenoid. They go bad sometimes. There is one wire going to it on the injection pump right where the fuel enters. Check the connection and/ or tap on the solenoid. If I remember fuel shuts off when no 12 volts are running to it.

Oh shoot I'm sorry I was looking at your sig, and saw you had a 93 :duh:

Edited by JAG1