• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

When I start my 07.5 and the on board temp display is like 45 or so the heater light come on it kicks in grid heater as it should. after start it usually kicks in 2 or 3 more timeshowever after it’s up to operating temp and I shut motor off and restart it still does the same thing however light does not come on but grid heater distinctly kicks in 3 times. Why no light? Why 3 times, why is it kicking in when already up to temp?? Could it be in the tuner?? Anybody got ideas??

I guess a better question is what controls the grid heater? I read somewhere that the computer takes air temp reading as well as coolant temp reading, then decides if grid heater is needed. If that is the case then maybe the coolant reading isnt being conveyed when trick is warm. But I also read that it goes on air temp alone??????

Ok thanks I will start with checking these sensors and connections and see if I have any luck there. Hopefully it’s something easy like that. I was also talking with my cousins husband who manages a big diesel repair shop that said it could be something in the programming of the tuner. It’s a anarchy mercenary tuner. Truck Grew up in Southern Florida so I doubt grid heater has seen much if any action in its 12 years of life.