• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

You Folks Have Your Firewood In?

JAG1

9 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I had the new circuit wire in my teeth while feeling my way to the other end of the house where the electrical panel was. It rolled off the spool of wire just fine and I didn't loose any teeth. You know.... like Dripley he has no teeth in that beak.... anyway, I think he said his heat bill went way down in that huge house.

Next time go from the panel out to the other end with the breaker on. You'll be shocked how well it works :sofa:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Mopar73Man put extra blow in insulation in the attic, I bet he burns a cord or two less this year. I believe in that stuff, but you got to get the good stuff that is like white fiberglass cotton not the ground up newspaper stuff that;s bad.

I had a wealthy client blow in double the normal amount. I was swimmin' in that stuff just to find each truss so I would not go thru the ceiling. I had the new circuit wire in my teeth while feeling my way to the other end of the house where the electrical panel was. It rolled off the spool of wire just fine and I didn't loose any teeth. You know.... like Dripley he has no teeth in that beak.... anyway, I think he said his heat bill went way down in that huge house.

There we go with another pecker joke.

Ahh so, wood peckah.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

I finally got firewood for my wife's winter ambiance. My son and a worker went and got 4 truck loads of eucalyptus  that the utility company cut so it wouldn't touch their high voltage lines. Two loads were cut last week and two loads were from 2 years ago so that will be ready to burn.   Now all I have to do it get the grandkids over here to help split it.     

IMG_6858.JPG.9784464eaa35816668a448a10a3a0b00.JPG

Another  2000 24 valve pulled up to get the free wood.  My truck is on the left.

IMG_6868.JPG.0444e9a84d35126f60d641f1a1a10a85.JPG

My son Web (on the left) with Raphael unloading.

• Like 1

• Staff
1 hour ago, Royal Squire said:

Didn’t think you could burn wood in California!

I think they have days they can have a fire in winter when it's windy that sort of thing. 

That Eucalyptus is some of the best firewood you can get. I think it's harder and denser than Oak. I was amazed how long it burns and how much it weights. It's real heavy.

Like to see what it looks like when finished lumber. I bet it's nice stuff.

We just got the last of our rounds split and stacked last weekend and our weather is turning much colder now.

Edited by JAG1

12 hours ago, IBMobile said:

I finally got firewood for my wife's winter ambiance. My son and a worker went and got 4 truck loads of eucalyptus  that the utility company cut so it wouldn't touch their high voltage lines. Two loads were cut last week and two loads were from 2 years ago so that will be ready to burn.   Now all I have to do it get the grandkids over here to help split it.     

IMG_6858.JPG.9784464eaa35816668a448a10a3a0b00.JPG

Another  2000 24 valve pulled up to get the free wood.  My truck is on the left.

IMG_6868.JPG.0444e9a84d35126f60d641f1a1a10a85.JPG

My son Web (on the left) with Raphael unloading.

Yes sir, that’s the way it’s done. Free wood  and  good labor. 

While getting my 6-7 cords in, It’s pretty much mandatory that my dad gets his 3-4 cords of oak at the same time, usually myself, son or brother and nephews help with that. He’s 85 and still will go out and cut a load himself if no one around. He also keeps a 3-4 year stock pile ahead too. 

• Like 3

• Staff
17 minutes ago, dripley said:

This was uncalled for. My eyes were open when seeing this and now they have been permanently been frozen open in the Pelosi wasteland. The free ranger chickens will be on the march.

And where can I sign up to join even though I'm a wood pecker

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, dripley said:

This was uncalled for. My eyes were open when seeing this and now they have been permanently been frozen open in the Pelosi wasteland. The free ranger chickens will be on the march.

I find it interesting that even the microphone stem went limp when she approached it :lmao:

• Haha 4