• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

JAG1

You Folks Have Your Firewood In?

Bone chill cold is coming soon from Idaho all the way to the East coast. Supposed to be very unusual cold with temps 15 to 30 degrees below normal.

Check your block heaters working and the cord is good size and in good shape. Lots a times those electrical wall plugs wear out and make for a bad connection. Remember using the Grid heaters all the time can compromise the alternator diodes.

Get your RV or your boat fully winterized if you haven't yet.

Edited by JAG1

What is this "Bone chill cold" you speak of?  That is a foreign term to us in the San Diego area.

My block heater has never been used.  I only turn my grid heaters on when camping in the fall at the Sierra Nevada Mountains and I use my boat and RV year round.  1521867086_animated-smileys-holidays-water-0021.gif.3403b78ab8e0ab118b8a12ae8c568fd2.gif

I still have a long way to go.. :kick:

got maybe 4 cords so far, 3 more to go, so far we been enjoying a nice Indian summer, bad thing is we haven’t had any measurable precipitation in 5 months, still out cutting wood in my T shirt, It literally 65degree for the high, Then in the teens at night.  Crazy weather 

39A22406-CD60-4F8F-A527-21CF11FCBDA9.jpeg

2 hours ago, IBMobile said:

What is this "Bone chill cold" you speak of?  That is a foreign term to us in the San Diego area.

My block heater has never been used.  I only turn my grid heaters on when camping in the fall at the Sierra Nevada Mountains and I use my boat and RV year round.  1521867086_animated-smileys-holidays-water-0021.gif.3403b78ab8e0ab118b8a12ae8c568fd2.gif

This isn't about you IBMobile. You stock up on sun tan lotion to get ready for winter. :) :nadkick:

32 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

I still have a long way to go.. :kick:

got maybe 4 cords so far, 3 more to go, so far we been enjoying a nice Indian summer, bad thing is we haven’t had any measurable precipitation in 5 months, still out cutting wood in my T shirt, It literally 65degree for the high, Then in the teens at night.  Crazy weather 

39A22406-CD60-4F8F-A527-21CF11FCBDA9.jpeg

Watch it doesn't come with a vengeance, all this tricky weather can fool many folks with little in their woodshed. 

Edited by JAG1

I hope he gets it ready for you real soon. That is a good trade since he gets a warm truck and you get enough to heat the house.:thumb1:

I cannot wait to be free from my work for about 6 months, it's coming real soon, and I get to do whatever I want. You can do my heater core, evaporator, blower and heater treater to the blend door and all new foam gaskets this spring.

It's going to be 0 in the morning, that's kinda unusual for early November in Iowa, but I'm sure it happened few times before. 

More and more stations are selling biodiesel 5 to 20% , no one knows exactly what's in it. Suppose to be 5% in winter but good luck trying to confirm it with any store managers around here, all they can say is our fuel is winterized. Some pumps say it good to negative 10 but somehow you see trucks on the side of the road before it gets to zero, be interesting on the way to work in the morning. 

9 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

It's going to be 0 in the morning, that's kinda unusual for early November in Iowa, but I'm sure it happened few times before. 

More and more stations are selling biodiesel 5 to 20% , no one knows exactly what's in it. Suppose to be 5% in winter but good luck trying to confirm it with any store managers around here, all they can say is our fuel is winterized. Some pumps say it good to negative 10 but somehow you see trucks on the side of the road before it gets to zero, be interesting on the way to work in the morning. 

I hope you make it okay. Not only is an engine block heater a good thing..... Also be nice to have some sort of fuel tank warmer. Get that on the market and watch the sales come in.

8 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I hope you make it okay. Not only is an engine block heater a good thing..... Also be nice to have some sort of fuel tank warmer. Get that on the market and watch the sales come in.

Thanks, made it just fine. Left some fuel in a jug outside, it looked good not cloudy. I think we're a bit late for tank warmers party, pretty sure it's all out there. But we can surly start another debate :whistle2: