• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Exhaust brake for gas engine?

015point9

I've got an older one ton Ford

motorhome,  I  leave my driveway at about 10 or 11,000 lb.  Needless to say I chew through brakes especially front. Exhaust brake would be great but cant find any.

Whats the reason there's no exhaust brake for gasoline Motors?

Edited by 015point9
Add info

• Staff

Exactly, diesels have exhaust brakes because the unlimited airflow combined with high compression means there isn't any restriction in the motor. 

Gas engines don't have that problem. The issue with some gas motors is that they are always fueling, even above idle and 0% throttle which will overcome some of the throttle plate drag. 

• Thanks 1