• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

JAG1

Clear Coat rash is spreading

Anyone know an easy solution to fixing clear coat flaking/ going bad? Being a black truck fenders get real hot in summer and that's where the damage is spreading. Any experience with new products perhaps?

T.I.A.

Cheap dodge paint, sooner or later it comes off. Unless your truck been garaged it's whole life it's just how to is, mine is about gone too. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you Dieselfuture. I will do some more searching to find more about it. I like the money in the bank more than a new paint job, so I'm going to find an option that will allow me to do my own repair. I've been good with an automotive paint sprayer in the past. I really don't like that clear coat stuff as it never existed when I was in school. Why have that stuff anyway :shrug:..... is it because the paint is so cheaply done?

4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Why have that stuff anyway 

That what gives the paint the shine and wet look.  

5 hours ago, JAG1 said:

is it because the paint is so cheaply done?

It's that environmentally friendly waster base auto paint.

5 hours ago, JAG1 said:

it never existed when I was in school.

When you were in school, there were no radial tires, TV was still black and white, and the phone was a party land line rotary dial up stuck to the wall with a wire.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Many thanks to @IBMobile for reminding us of our age. Technology sure has changed over the years

The clear coat is gone off of the horizontal surfaces too. Sits out in the weather every day. Probably going to experiment with painting on mine one day.

• Like 1

How about good ole lacquer paint? That stuff is good to work with, but may not hold up.

Thanks to IBMobile my joints hurt a little more this morn.

If I'm so ancient how come I favor black and white movies over other garbage? :tongue:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

If I'm so ancient how come I favor black and white movies

686765220_business-commerce-black_and_white_tv-television-store-retro-yesteryear-twtn422_low1(2).jpg.e61c3926af1a7434de01acf7512c490b.jpg

• Haha 3