• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Doing more ball joints

Evan

The only problem i had with a similar set on mine was lowers. It did not come with a receiver cup cut on the right angle to fit the knuckle. I had to beat them out. It was fine for installing them though. I did not have cut any of the studs either but maybe mine were deeper. I guess you will see when you do it like @Dieselfuture says. 

8 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Might be easier to take a torch blow a hole through the ball joint, push the stud out and then using hacksaw like score the cup and hit with a hammer it will fall out. No more fighting for me. So much easier to remove stubborn ball joints.

I I thought using torch on ball joints was a dangerous idea

On 11/15/2019 at 11:44 PM, Dieselfuture said:

Should do it, but the ball joints studs will need to be cut off to them out with that kit. You'll see why. 

Yeah, I had to make an adapter to make mine work. A longer tube if you will. The rest of the stuff works well though.

I warmed control arm with a little torch joint pressed out easily.  Before warming it didnt seem like press was going to push it out.

Lots of good ways to do it

Heat is dangerous though but I often use it and pray 

• Like 2