• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Trouble with my Ram

Yeah, get the LX. That's what I have and it works great. The MX has special features that allow it to read codes on some special Ford ans GM applications. LX is good for Dodge, and if I can set it up you can.

Edited by dave110
  • Like 1

Well Mopar1973Man. I ordered the obdlink lx. supposed to be here tomorrow. I will hopefully not have problems using it and getting codes?!!! Anyway I hope this works and tells us whats going on with truck. 

I appreciate ur offer to go over the codes with me!! I will let u know how it works out!! Thanks

20 hours ago, dave110 said:

Yeah, get the LX. That's what I have and it works great. The MX has special features that allow it to read codes on some special Ford ans GM applications. LX is good for Dodge, and if I can set it up you can.

Thanks!! it is ordered and said to be here tomorrow!! Looking forward to getting my own codes instead of waiting on someone to come over who by the way was going to charge me $50 anyway!! lol. or taking it to a shop and leaving it there. Cant really do that. its my only vehicle!! lol. So getting my own!! God I hope this does what I need it to do!!!!!! Thanks for your input!! I really need to get this truck running rite and get it sold!! Hey does anyone Know how to get a steering wheel straight?? I had some front end work done and now the steering wheel is sideways when im going straight!! it sucks cuz I cant see half the gauges on the dash!! Thanks!!

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

Hey does anyone Know how to get a steering wheel straight?? I had some front end work done and now the steering wheel is sideways when im going straight!! it sucks cuz I cant see half the gauges on the dash!! Thanks!!

There is an adjuster on the tie rod that runs from the pitman arm to the rod end. I'm not sure of the correct terminology (barrell adjuster)? It has 2 pinch clamps on it. Look at it and see which way you need to turn it. One end is RH thread and one is LH thread. Since your'e that far off give it a full turn and go for a drive, come back, re-adjust and repeat. When you get close it doesn't take much of a turn to move the wheel a little bit.

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

There is a expert function to the OBDLink where you can use Bluetooth terminal and call commands to the computers (PCM and ECM).

I didn't know that. How do you access it? What all can be done on our trucks. I've already had a friend turn off injectors and turn on electric fans a such on one of my cars but we don't have any of that stuff.

It's #6 in these pics.

• Like 1

Thanks!!!!! Steering wheel straight again!!!! I can actually see the speedometer now!!!! lol. I had a friend from across the street come over to make sure wheel was turning the rite way. And when to stop!! Worked out Perfect!!!! Thanks again!!!

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

There is a expert function to the OBDLink where you can use Bluetooth terminal and call commands to the computers (PCM and ECM).

Well mine is supposed to be here tomorrow!! Hope when I get out of work it is here and I can get it going and figure out whats up with my truck!! The weather here in Buffalo seems to be taking a little break from the winter storm we had last week. So hopefully I can get outside this weekend and get it done!! Im pretty excited to see what this thing can do!!!!

• Like 1

Just remeber the lx will read the codes and the diagnostics are listed here. It is not just going to spit out a magic bullet. But it is a very useful device to help find the problem and can be used on many vehicles.

Why are you selling?

Edited by dripley

Did you ever cycle the key.

You may be able to read codes for free.

I do know I've been unable reset codes with a snapon and mac scanner. My truck is wheeerd 2002 doesnt trip a check engine light even when injection pump went out. Not sure I've ever seen a check engine light. 

On 11/18/2019 at 3:45 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

My OBDLink LX will work on any thing. CEL lit or not.

I cant believe all the responses and help yall are putting forth!! Its like yall are friends and I thank you!! Now is the time I really need the help!!! I received the OBDlink and got it working on my phone!! There are a few things it wants to know about my truck that I don't understand!! lol I will ask yall about them later. Anyway I got the CODES!!!! I hope?? lol They are PO234 and PO216. P0234 says its the Turbo or supercharger. My question on that one is DO I LOOK INTO THE WASTEGATE???? And P0216 says Injector/ Injection timing control unit. WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THAT ONE??? PLEASE HELP SOON!! It would be great if I could get out and work on this TODAY?!?>!?!??! tTHANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!! I HOPE EVERYONE GETS THIS!!!!!!

On 11/21/2019 at 2:06 PM, Evan said:

Did you ever cycle the key.

You may be able to read codes for free.

I do know I've been unable reset codes with a snapon and mac scanner. My truck is wheeerd 2002 doesnt trip a check engine light even when injection pump went out. Not sure I've ever seen a check engine light. 

Thanks for your idea!! I believe u are talking about doing that at Autozone or wherever they have a reader that only works with CEL on. Am I correct?? Anyway I got the OBDlink lx andi believe got the codes I need!! Now I just need to know where to begin to fix the problems!!! And what the actual problems are?? As far as a CEL I haven't seen mine on ever either!!! Which hopefully is a good thing!! lol