• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Powertrain Diagnostics Manual 1996 12v

Hi. First post, though ive been lurking a while. 

Im trying to get my hands on a pdf copy of the powertrain diagnostics manual for a 96 2nd gen 12 valver. 

I am trying to avoid the 100 dollar cost involved in purchasing a used manual if at all possible. I have a pretty limited budget. 

thanks, and if this isn't the proper forum or way to all about them please let me know and I'll edit/remove this post. 

I'm over 3k miles away in the uk but there is one thing I know for sure...... post up here what you are trying to figure out and you will get all the info you need without laying out any $$ other than the subscription to this hive of information

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wil440 said:

I'm over 3k miles away in the uk but there is one thing I know for sure...... post up here what you are trying to figure out and you will get all the info you need without laying out any $$ other than the subscription to this hive of information

Thank you very much. Ill be making a post here shortly with all the pertinent info ive got. Currently getting the youngsters ready for bed. 

2 hours ago, Timd32 said:

Sign up here for a membership, all the books are available for download to paid members.

There are multiple tiers for membership.

ive signed up. Can you tell me where the powertrain diagnostics manual is hiding? I cant find it in the downloads area.

Should be in the FSM.

Screenshot_20191122-051832_Chrome.jpg.85e586df5742ddb520b27e8badd10c20.jpg

The you can either use the index or the tabs. The item is usually detailed in the section for the part.Screenshot_20191122-052332_Dropbox.jpg.95728ea21f837ae0dbbfdcd44c451979.jpg

I'll download what's up there and take a look. I have it from TechAuthority. But I think it's all the same.

My guess is you see this note in the FSM> from your other post about the speed sensor issue. Not sure what book that references, but I think the FSM has a few great areas to assist you without that one.

Never really noticed that reference before.

1605372717_Screenshot_20191122-053826_AdobeAcrobat.jpg.3d33de1b5fae9acb7c50c16cff205ff5.jpg

I usually find the wire diagram in the 8W section using the index for the specific part, it will show you the pin, color, gauge of the wire. And you can go from there. Yeah it's a lot of back and forth in the book as there are a lot of areas you need to piece together.

Edited by Timd32

The powertrain diagnostics manual is a separate book that goes hand in hand with the FSM. ive gone ahead and dropped the cash on a physical copy and a digital copy. When i receive it, ill include a link to it in case someone wants it.

Yes, the reference in there to testing the ESS is originally what clued me in to its existence but there are multiple places in the FSM where it references the powertrain diagnostics book. Im a sucker for having a full set of manuals for a thing. I even printed out the FSM in its entirety on my old laserjet (all 1984ish pages!) because I'd rather thumb thru paper than a pdf. 

At any rate, thanks for the reply. Tomorrow starts the weekend. Time for more wire troubleshooting. 

• Like 2