• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

heat and ac controller

I was having problems with my blend door awhile back and it turned out to be the actuator was bad. But i put a controller from junk yard because i was having problems figuring out the problem, but now the ac kicks on when u turn it to face and floor and when u turn it to defrost and floor?

I thought the controller was missed up and put my old one back on and it does the same! 

Is this correct or do i have a problem, i have to either turn it to face or floor for ac not to kick on.

I never understood why dodge made it this way. All normal cars you can put vents in any position you desire and have 2 buttons, one for recycled air and one for ac. Meaning put things how you like and choose what's on. Dodge went full retard on that one, among other things. 

I spliced a wire under the dash hvac controls and put it on toggle switch, so I can turn ac compressors on when I want. 

@IBMobileis who came up with the idea.

20180831_213147.jpg.89a1ad4a44d2ae91877029bb60e1a0d8.jpg20180831_221126.jpg.6a1db1504d81d61fac0672b8de9b5077.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I never understood why dodge made it this way. All normal cars you can put vents in any position you desire and have 2 buttons, one for recycled air and one for ac. Meaning put things how you like and choose what's on. Dodge went full retard on that one, among other things. 

I spliced a wire under the dash hvac controls and put it on toggle switch, so I can turn ac compressors on when I want. 

@IBMobileis who came up with the idea.

20180831_213147.jpg.89a1ad4a44d2ae91877029bb60e1a0d8.jpg20180831_221126.jpg.6a1db1504d81d61fac0672b8de9b5077.jpg

I have often thought about this and part of the reason I like the early 2nd gens more.

• Like 1