• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

I was having problems with my blend door awhile back and it turned out to be the actuator was bad. But i put a controller from junk yard because i was having problems figuring out the problem, but now the ac kicks on when u turn it to face and floor and when u turn it to defrost and floor?

I thought the controller was missed up and put my old one back on and it does the same! 

Is this correct or do i have a problem, i have to either turn it to face or floor for ac not to kick on.

That is correct.  The AC doesn't kick on when in floor only or face only.  I believe what you are describing is correct.

• Like 1

I never understood why dodge made it this way. All normal cars you can put vents in any position you desire and have 2 buttons, one for recycled air and one for ac. Meaning put things how you like and choose what's on. Dodge went full retard on that one, among other things. 

I spliced a wire under the dash hvac controls and put it on toggle switch, so I can turn ac compressors on when I want. 

@IBMobileis who came up with the idea.

20180831_213147.jpg.89a1ad4a44d2ae91877029bb60e1a0d8.jpg20180831_221126.jpg.6a1db1504d81d61fac0672b8de9b5077.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I never understood why dodge made it this way. All normal cars you can put vents in any position you desire and have 2 buttons, one for recycled air and one for ac. Meaning put things how you like and choose what's on. Dodge went full retard on that one, among other things. 

I spliced a wire under the dash hvac controls and put it on toggle switch, so I can turn ac compressors on when I want. 

@IBMobileis who came up with the idea.

20180831_213147.jpg.89a1ad4a44d2ae91877029bb60e1a0d8.jpg20180831_221126.jpg.6a1db1504d81d61fac0672b8de9b5077.jpg

I have often thought about this and part of the reason I like the early 2nd gens more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 98whitelightnin said:

Where is the thread that @IBMobile put this in?

Here it is,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think i want a 3 way switch so i cut light green/white wire and run it to #2 on 3 way switch and run ground to #1 on 3 way switch, then run light green/white out of controller to #3 on 3 way switch?

Yes, that will work but you want to use a 12 volt single poll double through switch (SPST) also called an ON/OFF/ON switch.  If you can't find a SPST switch a double poll double through (DPDT) switch will due.

1014691934_41ERrwvdWuL._SX342_1.jpg.c4e00a820fa7778901ad3c214629f54c.jpg