• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

leveling kit

HI everybody, after abs , I would like to know how to lift the rear of the truck, mine has already rear blocks under the leaf springs ,I would like up more, I ve seen these blocks on web to sell .

Do you think I can add new other blocks over and change the U bolts with shocks ?????? And what do I need to change except absorber shocks if I raise the rear of the trucks because I have no idea.

I would like to lift about 10-15 cms .

Sorry for my little english , but thank you very much for your help!!!! I learn mechanic thanks to you

rear block lift.jpg

I think if wanting to lift rear I'd look into a shackle reversal. Alittle more work then adding blocks but will get a couple "s and ride better.

You could add a short leave from the junk yard cut just barel longer than the block and get just under an inch and still be able to run factory u bolts.  

I got in an accident where my axle was ripped from the springs. Because of this I'd be fearful in adding much more leverage to already tall factory block.

https://store.dodgeoffroad.com/Dodge-Off-Road-Shackle-Flip-Kit-94-02-Ram-25003500_p_14.html

4 hours ago, Jeremy9806 said:

Sorry for my little english , but thank you very much for your help!!!! I learn mechanic thanks to you

No need to apolagize, we know how to buthcher the language ourselves sometimes. Welocome from across thd pond.

• Like 2

What happened to your springs, we're they overloaded? It should be pretty good lift from factory, most people want to lit the front to level, which I think is not a good thing unless it's more of a toy. Maybe better of just replacing your rear springs with factory, shackle flipp will be better ride but I believe you lose some load capacity and how suspension works. Maybe shackle flip with air bags would be good. I may look in to that myself since I already have bags.

• Like 1

Ok but for the moment I cant take other pictures because it is in a parking. When I can I take others!!!!

I like this truck, it has 205 000 Km , I like too the old car like 50's cadillac, !!! It s a big big dream for me!!! I was born in a diesel familly, because my granfather was mechanic diesel expert !!! In my country all is small!!!!! the car are little, the way are little!!! But its not problem for me to drive a big truck!!!!!

That the reason why I like to maintain my US truck !!! I m afraid about any components, like injection pump VP44 , so I put 2 stroke oil inside mix diesel , its an old mechanic's trick, I ve seen my granfather make it and I hope the vp44 will work until 1000000 kms!!! So I wanted to lift my truck because for me it s small . But not a big foot :lol:!!!! 

You can put bigger tires on the way it is, but bigger tires cause problems, pretty much effect everything. Personally I would not go bigger than 285/70/17 or 285/75/16 This size should fit with no big issues, anything bigger than that will start to degrade the truck. 

What size tires you got now and what gear ratio.

@Mopar1973Man knows all about that one :poke:

Just trying to keep you from making costly mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Staff

Your using the 2 stroke oil, that;s great :thumb1: What about your fuel pressure? Are you at least above 14 p.s.i. all the time? I ask because this is the number one concern about making our 2nd gens last and be reliable.

• Like 1

I live in France not in US.

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Your using the 2 stroke oil, that;s great :thumb1: What about your fuel pressure? Are you at least above 14 p.s.i. all the time? I ask because this is the number one concern about making our 2nd gens last and be reliable.

The pressur is very good beetween 17 20 psi. I ve changed the oe fuel pump to another, and I put fuel gauge on the fuel filter port .

5 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

You can put bigger tires on the way it is, but bigger tires cause problems, pretty much effect everything. Personally I would not go bigger than 285/70/17 or 285/75/16 This size should fit with no big issues, anything bigger than that will start to degrade the truck. 

What size tires you got now and what gear ratio.

@Mopar1973Man knows all about that one :poke:

Just trying to keep you from making costly mistakes.

I have a 265 75 r 16 bf goodrich. 

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I got to add, your grandpa was a smart man using 2cycle back in the day, it took us a few failed pumps to figure that one, wonder if Mike knew your grandpa :whistle2:

I put too wd40 in the tank, and it works good. But I prefer 2 oil strokes. I woumd like to try to put colza oil, or vegetable oil (new not used) to see if it works, but Im afraid for the moment with this! I hab an old volvo 240 diesel and it works good with a bosh injection pump, but with vp44 I dont know if it s possible to put for example 20 liters mix with diesel

1 hour ago, Jeremy9806 said:

I live in France not in US.

We we, us means as a group not as US as united states :thumbup2:

Wd40 is not a good lubricant more of detergent, I wold not use it. Biodiesel if you have any 5 to 20% is what is sold around here, if you use bio no need for adding 2cycle. 

I don't think using a gallon/3.78 liters per tank of clean cooking oil will hurt anything in the engine, some people use straight used vegetable oil after filtering it, it's more common with ford/chevy world but I've read some vp owners doing it also. Cold climate is only worry with that.

11 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

We we, us means as a group not as US as united states :thumbup2:

Wd40 is not a good lubricant more of detergent, I wold not use it. Biodiesel if you have any 5 to 20% is what is sold around here, if you use bio no need for adding 2cycle. 

I don't think using a gallon/3.78 liters per tank of clean cooking oil will hurt anything in the engine, some people use straight used vegetable oil after filtering it, it's more common with ford/chevy world but I've read some vp owners doing it also. Cold climate is only worry with that.

ok!! I have no bio diesel in my city !! With vegetable oil ( new) in my climate is mediterranen , is not cold !!! But do I need to change or put an other tank and pump and heater for the oil or can I mix with diesel?

For my use 33-35 tires works well I have 3.55 gears.

Around town slow driving 90% of the time a small tires work well. 31" tires are nice on the small side but okay. Though will wind a few more rpm on freeway than I like

The way some talk my truck should melt under a load and get horrible fuel mileage since it's on 34" tire with 3.55 gears.

Fact is I use it on the free way cruising at 80mph often towing  then without switching tires it gets beat on running stop light to stop in city traffic. 

Somehow it just works looks good and gets pretty decent fuel mileage and has me driving in the rpm range that I like under 2000.

Trying to buy this tracked machine it doesnt look it but it's twice as heavy as our rubber tired machine 

I move around alot in city traffic with my truck moving the small machines.

20191124_075742.jpg

20191125_140518.jpg

Edited by Evan

6 hours ago, Jeremy9806 said:

But do I need to change or put an other tank and pump and heater for the oil or can I mix with diesel?

I'd say no, just dump it in tank before fill up. Not sure if anyone has done any tests, but i would think if 5%bio has very good lubricating quality, then dumping 2 gallons of cooking oil per 35 gallon tank should be about same. The only thing is clean cooking oil is more expensive then 2cycle asshless oil per volume you have to add. Your fuel in france may be better then what we have here, you may not need to add anything, but if your grandpa was adding it something is telling me it may not be that great. This is just me talking and throwing random numbers out, there are plenty of people on this site that are very knowledgeable and we can debate this topic till the cows come home. We should almost start a topic just for this :stirthepot:

58 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I'd say no, just dump it in tank before fill up. Not sure if anyone has done any tests, but i would think if 5%bio has very good lubricating quality, then dumping 2 gallons of cooking oil per 35 gallon tank should be about same. The only thing is clean cooking oil is more expensive then 2cycle asshless oil per volume you have to add. Your fuel in france may be better then what we have here, you may not need to add anything, but if your grandpa was adding it something is telling me it may not be that great. This is just me talking and throwing random numbers out, there are plenty of people on this site that are very knowledgeable and we can debate this topic till the cows come home. We should almost start a topic just for this :stirthepot:

I dont know if in France diesel is better or not, that I ve seen was about 30 years about my granfather. After I dont want put inside something which broke my vp44 or my pistons .