• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

leveling kit

16 hours ago, Jeremy9806 said:

I dont know if in France diesel is better or not, that I ve seen was about 30 years about my granfather. After I dont want put inside something which broke my vp44 or my pistons .

After I found this about vp44. I hope that help people.

BoschDistPump-vp44.pdf

14 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

How about 215/85 R16 tires on my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500. Works great in the snow.

20191127_102401.jpg

Its good. So I have 265 75 r16, it works good too but I dont know if I can put bigger than this?

• Owner

Remember... 

If its snowing outside and you step out in the snow your feet press down through the snow as you step. Then if you want to walk on top of the snow you put on snowshoes (wide tires). Personally I want smaller tires to concentrate the axle weight in a smaller patch increasing the pounds per square inch. With wider tires it will cause the truck to float on top of the slush and snow reducing traction. This is why I went with 215s on the 1996 Dodge its barely 6,000 pounds loaded. Then the Cummins took the 245's which is about 7,500 pounds loaded. This amplifies the traction in snow allowing me to travel at 55 to 65 MPH in the snow. 

Fun part is watching all the lifted truck with 35's and bigger trying to catch me and can't because of traction problems. Typically pass them at 25 to 35 MPH and keep truckin' at 55 MPH most of the time.

20191128_083511.jpg

Another 4 months of this at least. Yesterday it was just a mere 15°F out...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

On 11/26/2019 at 3:14 PM, Dieselfuture said:

You can put bigger tires on the way it is, but bigger tires cause problems, pretty much effect everything. Personally I would not go bigger than 285/70/17 or 285/75/16 This size should fit with no big issues, anything bigger than that will start to degrade the truck. 

What size tires you got now and what gear ratio.

@Mopar1973Man knows all about that one :poke:

Just trying to keep you from making costly mistakes.

Fotos about my rear  supensions and front

20191128_172056.jpg

20191128_172029.jpg

20191128_172123.jpg

20191128_172113.jpg

20191128_172106.jpg

• Like 1

Identical to mine with less rust. Personally I'd leave it alone. Put bigger titers on if you want, they will fit no problem. I would not add more block, if anything order custom springs and ladder bars. I would just put bigger tires on what you have and see how you like it. You may get a way with how you use the truck the way it sits. Like mentioned before, 285 size should not cause any major issues, 35" will rub on front but will fit just fine in rear. You can put 1.5-2" leveling k8t in front to minimize rubbing but it will degrade the truck in long run. To each their own. 

Edit

You can put longer control arms on the front and instead of spacer get longer coil springs to make it more right.

Edited by Dieselfuture

49 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Identical to mine with less rust. Personally I'd leave it alone. Put bigger titers on if you want, they will fit no problem. I would not add more block, if anything order custom springs and ladder bars. I would just put bigger tires on what you have and see how you like it. You may get a way with how you use the truck the way it sits. Like mentioned before, 285 size should not cause any major issues, 35" will rub on front but will fit just fine in rear. You can put 1.5-2" leveling k8t in front to minimize rubbing but it will degrade the truck in long run. To each their own. 

Edit

You can put longer control arms on the front and instead of spacer get longer coil springs to make it more right.

Ok. I m going to buy 1994-2013 Dodge Ram 2500 3500 3.5" Front Level Lift Kit w/Spring Compressor Tool. I will lift the  front and will change the front absorber shock too. And after I ll do the rear .

Good point on the traction on snow, If one is Leary of driving on snow, 285’s May not be s good option, generally on un plowed roads or hard snow pack I use 4 wheel high being truck is a little squarely in the snow, but my Cooper Discover ATP in 285’s have aggressive tread that handles well in the snow and slush, but on another note, if one does not want mud and snow down the side of truck 285’s might not be a good choise as they do stick out past the fender some. I have thought about fender flares but heard they could be a rust trap. 

Ive been running the 285’s since I got the truck, I think I’m just scared to try something different, I bought my truck with 15,000 miles on it in 2003, The guy I bought it from drove off the dealers lot and straight to a tire shop and had these rims and 285/75/16’s installed, it came new with the painted steel rims with trim rings, but I’ve been running with these ever since , they just seem to fit good

21A8EE28-B44E-4314-B391-5CF9EFA929A0.jpeg

• Like 1

My 315's (or 305's, I forget) destroy snow. Sheets of ice not so much, but having a set of tires engineered for those conditions help. I'm running Goodyear Duratacs and they are great for Canadian Winters in the prairies. If I had to do it again I'd just run two sets, one for summer one for winter. People think the extra cost isn't worth it, but if you're planning on keeping your vehicle for long enough to burn through two sets of tires, then to me it's a no brainer.

• Like 1