• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you are lurking about reading the forums and article databases. We happen to be one of the most friendliest Cummins support website on the planet. Come on and register and grab a inexpensive subscription plan. With that you can unlock even more for you. Technical support either by public forum, private support ticket, and even unlock phone support by Mopar1973Man. Mopar1973Man.Com will remain FREE to read forever!

Identical to mine with less rust. Personally I'd leave it alone. Put bigger titers on if you want, they will fit no problem. I would not add more block, if anything order custom springs and ladder bars. I would just put bigger tires on what you have and see how you like it. You may get a way with how you use the truck the way it sits. Like mentioned before, 285 size should not cause any major issues, 35" will rub on front but will fit just fine in rear. You can put 1.5-2" leveling k8t in front to minimize rubbing but it will degrade the truck in long run. To each their own. 

Edit

You can put longer control arms on the front and instead of spacer get longer coil springs to make it more right.

Edited by Dieselfuture
49 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Identical to mine with less rust. Personally I'd leave it alone. Put bigger titers on if you want, they will fit no problem. I would not add more block, if anything order custom springs and ladder bars. I would just put bigger tires on what you have and see how you like it. You may get a way with how you use the truck the way it sits. Like mentioned before, 285 size should not cause any major issues, 35" will rub on front but will fit just fine in rear. You can put 1.5-2" leveling k8t in front to minimize rubbing but it will degrade the truck in long run. To each their own. 

Edit

You can put longer control arms on the front and instead of spacer get longer coil springs to make it more right.

Ok. I m going to buy 1994-2013 Dodge Ram 2500 3500 3.5" Front Level Lift Kit w/Spring Compressor Tool. I will lift the  front and will change the front absorber shock too. And after I ll do the rear .

Good point on the traction on snow, If one is Leary of driving on snow, 285’s May not be s good option, generally on un plowed roads or hard snow pack I use 4 wheel high being truck is a little squarely in the snow, but my Cooper Discover ATP in 285’s have aggressive tread that handles well in the snow and slush, but on another note, if one does not want mud and snow down the side of truck 285’s might not be a good choise as they do stick out past the fender some. I have thought about fender flares but heard they could be a rust trap. 

Ive been running the 285’s since I got the truck, I think I’m just scared to try something different, I bought my truck with 15,000 miles on it in 2003, The guy I bought it from drove off the dealers lot and straight to a tire shop and had these rims and 285/75/16’s installed, it came new with the painted steel rims with trim rings, but I’ve been running with these ever since , they just seem to fit good

21A8EE28-B44E-4314-B391-5CF9EFA929A0.jpeg

• Like 1

My 315's (or 305's, I forget) destroy snow. Sheets of ice not so much, but having a set of tires engineered for those conditions help. I'm running Goodyear Duratacs and they are great for Canadian Winters in the prairies. If I had to do it again I'd just run two sets, one for summer one for winter. People think the extra cost isn't worth it, but if you're planning on keeping your vehicle for long enough to burn through two sets of tires, then to me it's a no brainer.

• Like 1