• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Buying a Quad soon

• Owner
1 minute ago, Gregturley said:

Right now i have left it on default tune level 2.

Remember Level 2 is just the defuel curve to the 100% line. No added fuel above stock. 

2 minutes ago, Gregturley said:

Got a good one for stock turbo hy35 and RV275s?

My problem is getting the timing right for your fuel. It's not the cold air to worry about but the cetane of your local fuel. Start with the 14, 17, 20, 23 and work that and then track you MPG on Simply Auto. This way you can make small adjustments advanced or retard and see the effects. Fuel table not really an issue as long as there no excessive smoke.

If its making good power and not smoking a ton itl get decent fuel mileage.

I don't think you need to complicate things and track fuel. Chances are it's idling alot this time of year so no real point to tracking fuel.

Unless your running alot of miles and not idling much like mike is.

Have fun with it. I'm just alittle jealous 

I'm not really expecting to see anything really impressive right now. Its cold and i let it run on high idle 5-10 minutes every morning. Doing this before i was seeing 12.5-12.75 mpg. This is a little off because the speedometer/odometer is slightly off. Its slow. Shows 70 on dash and 74 on gps. Need to get that fixed one day.

• Owner

I'm trying to get a completed tune for 150 HP injectors. So far I'm finding that the spread between the timing bands is directly related to the cetane of the fuel. High cetane fuel like more around 3+ per band because the fuel ignites easy. I'm running now 3.5+ per band. On the low cetane I can bump up to 4+ or 4.5+ per band because the low cetane fuel resist ignition but contain more BTUs.

14, 17, 20, 23 ---------- 3.0 per band

14, 17.5, 21, 24.5 ----- 3.5 per band

14, 18, 22, 26 ----------- 4.0 per band

14, 18.5, 23, 27.5 ------ 4.5 per band

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For those that don't care for the Bluetooth module being under the hood this was my fix. Made an extension cable with a connector from EBay and some flat 4 trailer wiring. Now its inside going to be stuck down with Velcro. I put the male connector on the wire then fed the other end through the firewall before installing the female end. All my added wiring goes through the plug for the clutch master cylinder. 

20191226_155029.jpg

20191226_155056.jpg

Screenshot_2019-12-26-16-03-50.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Owner

I'm located the same way in my cab too. The only difference I called Quadzilla and talked them and got the go ahead to extend the cable into the cab which was cut and soldered and shrink tube. (Beta test request) Works but this way but still issues with connection and retrying to connect for miles before it actually does connect. 

Other than me being an idiot and having problems the first time i haven't had any problems connecting, even when it was under the hood. I just don't like things like that under hood.  If i leave the quad app open it either connects when i unlock the tablet or as soon as i close and reopen the app 1 time. I wonder if some of your connecting problems are caused by your device and not the Quad.

• Owner
On 12/15/2019 at 5:51 PM, Evan said:

If its making good power and not smoking a ton itl get decent fuel mileage.

I don't think you need to complicate things and track fuel. Chances are it's idling alot this time of year so no real point to tracking fuel.

Unless your running alot of miles and not idling much like mike is.

Have fun with it. I'm just alittle jealous

Try again...

250 miles per day minimum. Idled in the garage this morning 20 minutes, then while I'm waiting today 4.5 hours ill be idling most of that time trying to stay warm. My day will be 13 hours long sitting in the driver seat. 3 days a week (TTS).

56 minutes ago, Gregturley said:

Other than me being an idiot and having problems the first time i haven't had any problems connecting, even when it was under the hood. I just don't like things like that under hood.  If i leave the quad app open it either connects when i unlock the tablet or as soon as i close and reopen the app 1 time. I wonder if some of your connecting problems are caused by your device and not the Quad.

Funny part only the Quad has issues. My Bluetooth headset work prefect, blue tooth speaker perfect, Bluetooth stereo no problems, Quad... 50/50 hit miss.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 10:31 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Funny part only the Quad has issues. My Bluetooth headset work prefect, blue tooth speaker perfect, Bluetooth stereo no problems, Quad... 50/50 hit miss.

2 hours ago, Gregturley said:

Have you tried a different bt module? Maybe your has issues.

Mines the same. Major Bluetooth bugs on the 3 different android devices I've used with the iQuad BT adapter and/or the Android app itself.

Certain things tend to piss it off. For example, when I start my truck (manually or by remote start), while waiting for the grid heater time, the quad is booted up, my android head unit is booted up, the iQuad app starts, then the truck starts, of course the radio goes to sleep momentarily while the truck is cranking, the app comes back, and will not connect. Close app and reopen, and it usually will connect. Back out of the app and go back into it, usually it's half connected and won't show any data. Need to force close and reopen. I think the majority of the iQuad connection issues are because of the app itself. Just a speculation though. 

• Owner

I've seen that too.

The other I hate is touch the screen to raise or lower the power it will dump the app, then restart the on its own and refuse to connect till I shut down fully including the engine.

Funny my Bluetooth head stereo will drop and reconnect to my phone every time no problem. iQuad will be stuck till full shutdown. Which happened last night in Boise at a fuel station.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

In the short time I've used the Quad my biggest complaint is the menu button. I have to hit it 5 times or more to get it to open. I would like to see a turbo timer button on the gauge screens. A way to turn turbo timer on and off without opening menu would be great for drive thru. My old timer I could tap the brakes after key off and it would die. I miss that function