• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

int3man

Heater Blend Door Issue

Hi All,  Got in the truck to get the Christmas tree we are having our first good storm of the year in Northern CA.  So we drove with no defrost and foggy windows.  Reading the trouble shooting options the hoses are both Hot with the right being hotter,  no hot air blowing anywhere  If you turned off the fans and idled I did feel some heat but not enough to warm the cab.  Looking at  a trip to Seattle at Xmas time this isn't going to cut it. 

Is the Heater Treater still the hot ticket for this issue?

Thanks Cold in the Central Valley!!

Michael

Edited by int3man
Typo's

If it is the blend door actuator is the problem. It sounds to me you have a plugged heater core. I have had this on several vehicles and as a temp fix that has got me through the winter I did a back flush of the heater only. I pored vinegar in it and then flushed with hot water. I cant say this is a solution but has helped me. 

I had the same problem. Don't know if its the blend door actuator or the piece that the heater treater rplaces. I got mine to work one last time on hot so it's staying there till I or MoparMan gets a chance to completely redo everything on the HVAC system. Last friday I smelled antifreeze when turning on the defroster so my heater core is going. Plus I got a leak in the evaporative cooler that IBMobile found.

My suggestion is to replace everything once you pull the dash to get in there.

my replacement list;

Heater treater

evaporative cooler

heater core

new foam tape/ gasket to the clamshell design

new condenser drain hose thru the firewall with a downward 90 outside

lube all moving parts

I can always replace the blower and resistor later along with the blend door actuator from the outside of the whole plenum.

Edited by JAG1

Are you getting airflow through the vents?  I had a big issue with low airflow and my HVAC box was full of so much that air couldn't pass through.  You could remove the squirrel cage and get an idea of how it looks inside-stick your phone up there are record video.  Last winter I pulled my HVAC box, that was the best repair I have done to my truck.  I replaced the heater core, AC evaporator, squirrel cage, and the resistor.  I installed the heater treater piece, but mine was still in good shape.

Yes sir we have air just no heat.  Hot Water hoses.  Don't know how hot but as described hang on to the outside one and not the inner.

Thanks!

Michael

Edited by int3man