• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 2500 5 speed trans fluid

• Owner

Valvoline MTF is good.

Mobil 50 SAE is good.

PenzOil Syncromech is good.

I've used Mobil 50 SAE in my truck no issues. Over powered 5th gear and ate the teeth off the gear. I've done several services on customer trucks and used both PenzOil and Valvoline both and no issues at all for the NV4500

No need for Redline and AMSOil fluids. There is a wide field of fluids that work in our trucks. GL-4 is the only requirement. Viscosity wise even the Dodge dealer will fill with ATF+4. Personally is too thin. 

Gotta remember I work on several truck and give options to my customers on what they want to use. I stay and touch and so far no issues. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

hey, thanks for info. it is surprisingly hard to get a answer from any parts place on what to use.2 dealerships i do business with both said atf-4, could not bring myself to go that way.  thanks for the help,   ed