• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No driveshaft

I'm not sure that is a good idea with no driveshaft and a rear slip yoke cuz you will most likely be losing fluid out of the back of the t-case.

Every time I pull the rear driveshaft I always get some fluid dripping.  I would imagine that more would come out if it were constantly spinning.  I could be wrong but I wouldn't do it.

If you had a fixed flange mount on the t-case with a slip driveshaft I could see how that wouldn't be a problem running it that way. 

• Like 3

Yep the only problem is the leaking fluid.

I found a cap for a fabric softener or something and slipped right in and contacted the the TC output seal.  Held it in with duct tape and wire ties for a week while troubleshooting some vibration issues.

HTH

Hag

• Like 1

Ok thnx guys. Didn’t have to take it far so I don’t think there should b too much fluid gone

1 hour ago, Haggar said:

Yep the only problem is the leaking fluid.

I found a cap for a fabric softener or something and slipped right in and contacted the the TC output seal.  Held it in with duct tape and wire ties for a week while troubleshooting some vibration issues.

HTH

Hag

Did you find the vibration issue?? Im having vibration issues too an have blown out 2 steady bearings in lke a month!?

wow!  2 intermediates?  no fun!! 

Make sure your slip yoke moves SUPER freely.

Ours turned out to be bent rims.... like 4 of the 6....  it was pretty amazing.  (explained why swapping wheels around didn't seem to move the issue.)  It really wasn't a bad shake.  I would have lived with it, but it was buddies truck and it bothered him to the nth degree.  lol.

Good Luck finding it!

Hag