• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Aftermarket Turbo Boot Kits

I think 5 or 6 mm. It says they will hold 100 psi. Unless you are running high powered twins and such you wont see anywhere near that. But I have to agree with the "you what get you pay for" statement. 

While it does give the thickness, it would nice to know a bit more about the construction as in what they are reinforced with.

Just got home and had a quick look at the product. The boots are near a quarter inch thick with 5 layers of reinforcing and look pretty much like the oe ones. The band clamps look ok, but I will have to compare them to the stockers still on the truck. More stamped metal on there than Ilike but the stockers might be that way too. We will see.

20191220_181318.jpg.fb1c4a4df6f838117e16818063f59e94.jpg

• Like 1

The construction of the boots is very much like the OE. I just dont know what the OE re enforcement is made of. For most I think they are fine. If your running twins and high boost numbers and racing maybe not. But for most of us here I cant see why they would not hold up just fine. Of course if I was spending the money on twins and alot power, a couple more hundred on boots would make since econimically. But for someone like me that might see 40 psi and 450hp, in my dreams anyway, these would be fine. I dont need Mishimoto on the boot to get that. 

I did get to compare the clamps to my OE ones and they are of lesser quality than the OE. I would not be afraid to use them but would keep an eye on them. 

20191222_135828.jpg.fc875a53c3f872534ebd5e767b9c66af.jpg20191222_135540.jpg.38bd4118234355fb3089c36331b0d4f4.jpg

The bands are the same gauge and width. The bolts dont have the small bend that the OE does. The stamped metal where the bolt passes thru is a thinner gauge than OE. And the piece that has the turned up edge the band slides on is a seperate piece on the OE vs the new being made into the band itself. This is just my observation of the product. Will it hold as well as the OE, only time will tell. I do plan on using them but will keep an eye on them. 

All in all, for the money I am not dissapointed for now. 

I should add  that have nothing against Mishimoto, I am sure they make fine products. I just feel that they are well above anything I would need on my truck to get to where I would like to be.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

May want to throw your old stuff under the back seat for a while till you put few miles on these new ones. When I changed my boots that's what I did too and they're still under the seat now ha ha, never know. 

Trust me I keep everything I take off for spares just in case. I think if I ever sold this truck and piled all the spare parts for it out for the buyer I would get another grand or helluva big laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to be upgrading my stock hy35 with compounds sxe62 over s475 and other goodies this winter so I'm thinking of going to need to upgrade my boots. I should be in the 500-600hp range from what I'm told after upgrades.

If or when I need new boots, Who makes the best boots/clamps?

I just replaced the intercooler boot on mine with the white horse racing one. Also replaced the one from the straight pipe to the intake horn due to the one I had on it being a bit short. The fit fine and the clamps all seemed to work just fine. If anything odd happens I'll post it up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...