• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
Mopar1973Man

Crazy life - Just blogging

Please thank Eileen for us all that she can help out and get you a break to get caught up. It's good the snow is not 5 feet this year. That's kind of a break right there too.

Like today I've got to cancel working and take mom to her medical appointments. Snowing and going to be slick in McCall. I've got the only 4WD vehicle right now till I can get time to fix the 1996 Dodge then I would of just let Eileen take the 1996 Dodge.

15809256728754893276231875500385.jpg

I'm currently buried in more work than I can handle. Between needing time chasing medical offices, paperwork on Power Of Attorneys, and keeping bills paid between the 3 of us. 

I've gotta say thanks to you BoDs for the new Samsung S10+ phone. It's been used a considerable amount already.

Then I've got to pull my transmission again 2and gear synchro is screwing up. Already contacted Weller truck and got to get the 1996 Dodge running first. Then I can visit the other shop and use the 2 post this time. Barely lasted 800 miles.

Dude, you can’t win on that transmission. Is he using cheap synchros? Clutch issues? Fluid issues? 

Something isn’t right. I think I’d be letting them do the R&R. 

Fluid isn't an issue being that is the fluid he wants used in the transmission for warranty purpose.

Clutch seems to be fine. I can allow the transmission to spin in neutral and press the clutch down and select any gear but 2nd gear. Like the synchro is not working. When I pull it this time I'll pull the clutch and check all bearings and plates.

I bought all synchro in brass but 1st and 2and are carbon fiber. I paid 124 dollars for all new synchro on the main shaft. Being 3rd and 4th last time now it's 2and. So it was R&R last time with new shaft bearings and fresh synchro.

Hydros are working excellent being the pedal only needs half stroke to be fully disengaged. Clutch engagesway high on the pedal.

As for me I'm in McCall dealing with medical appointments. Snowing quite well and depending on where your at it's either a warning or advisory for winter storms.15809344625986254703454916490237.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man

On 2/5/2020 at 1:24 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Fluid isn't an issue being that is the fluid he wants used in the transmission for warranty purpose.

Clutch seems to be fine. I can allow the transmission to spin in neutral and press the clutch down and select any gear but 2nd gear. Like the synchro is not working. When I pull it this time I'll pull the clutch and check all bearings and plates.

I bought all synchro in brass but 1st and 2and are carbon fiber. I paid 124 dollars for all new synchro on the main shaft. Being 3rd and 4th last time now it's 2and. So it was R&R last time with new shaft bearings and fresh synchro.

Hydros are working excellent being the pedal only needs half stroke to be fully disengaged. Clutch engagesway high on the pedal.

As for me I'm in McCall dealing with medical appointments. Snowing quite well and depending on where your at it's either a warning or advisory for winter storms.

For your sake I home you're correct... but something isn't right. You've had more troubles with the trans in the last little bit than most ever will. You have a receipt showing all new syncro's from last fall... 

Parts, Fluid,. builder, etc... something is causing you excessive downtime. I hope you figure it out sooner than later, it's a lot of time and money to be wasting. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AH64ID said:

Parts, Fluid,. builder, etc... something is causing you excessive downtime. I hope you figure it out sooner than later, it's a lot of time and money to be wasting.

Very true... I paid for the first set of syncros during the 5th gear failure. Then with 3rd / 4th failure I bought again a new set of syncros for 124.00 to replace all the syncros on the main shaft instead of just 3rd and 4th. Now 2nd is being a pain. Fluid would of cause all syncros to fail. Being that 1st and 2nd are carbon fiber. 3rd, 4th, 5th are brass syncros. Same fluid I used the previous time with no issues. So its not a fluid issue. I think it between the rebuilder...  I'll check my clutch when it comes out which I've serious doubts there is any problems there being I stabbed that trans in under 15 minutes this last time. Slid right in all the way without fighting. Clutch pedal only needs 50% swing to be fully disengaged. Being its only a single gear acting goofy I'm betting the syncro is not right. All other gears a slick like butter. Even @Wet Vette has driven after this last rebuild and then drove again after the syncro screw up. 

I am curious of the syncros as well. I will be paying attention. My 3rd year syncro was out when I bought the truck. I have been double clutching 3rd to avoid grinding the gear down for now. I want to at some point replace all the syncros and do one of the 5th gear fixes to avoid that problem in the future. Possibly a clutch at the same time.

I don't plan on a bunch of big power mods in the near future just don't want the trans to crap the bed while pulling our camper or something.

New mainshaft, bearings and syncros... That is all an upgrade.

Just seem all my last month has been nothing but medical appointments. Barely working and hanging in there. I'll post more later. Lot has been going on and once I get some more info I'll post up for your guys.

• Sad 1

Yeah but this donor transmission happen to have a electric shift transfer case which I didn't look at the floor shifter. :duh: I ended up pulling the transfer case and left it on the transmission jack. I gotta get the other transfer case that is in the truck bed. 

Yeah I get the use of this shift and all the tools for just a percentage take from the landlord. He keeps it stocked for me and allows me to use his NAPA account being there is a nice price break. 

As for Mom I went to see her Friday and Saturday. After a full week of no dialysis she is getting confused and rather nasty to me. As for Eileen @Wet Vette mom was all nice and pleasant. Rather tough... I know her time is short. 

As for myself I've been trying to get back to a normal life but with all the cleaning up of Mom's stuff its been a lot of work. Like right now my goal is to get the King bed from the Guest House to the Main House. Mom's bed would go to the trash, it well worn out. I've gone and fixed up Mom's bathroom, new shower head with a one foot tall gooseneck.  Yanked out the shower doors and replace it with a standard shower curtain. Eileen has been working on the bedroom sort books out, packing up some of Mom's clothes. We've got a lot of work to do yet and slowly getting things fixed up and the way we both want it. 

Here is the crazy thing... I was working and @IBMOBILE-JEN calls me to tell me she checked in on Mom. She was told by the on duty nurse that she is declining. Sleeping more. Just about the same time the case work from the hospital call @Wet Vette Eileen and tell her that there is no change in her condition. WTH? So I left work early and waited for the call that Eileen said the case worker was going to call back. I called a little after 6 to catch the staff before leaving for the night. Nope no phone call last night and no returned phone calls either. 

Then I get up this morning and the house is cold like 61*F and I look at the weather tower and sure enough its only +15*F outside. For now I'll use the heat pump. I need to run out and get firewood really bad. I'm running out and have to conserve what I've got left. Not to mention I've not had a day off (weekend in nearly 4 weeks now). Seem like my free days have been filled with all the running back to the hospital. Both of us Eileen and myself are worn out. She has been slowing sorting Mom stuff out. I've been trying to help with improvements like the bathroom. Same time I need to still fix my truck which is on hold till the Chevy is gone from the two post. 

I've already got it planned that as soon as Mom passes on. I'm going to take off for about a week to Eileen's Mom's place to met her for the first time (Susanville, CA). My problem is I need to break away from the normal running back and forth to Boise and Ontario. Heck even both Eileen and I want to go shopping in the north in Lewiston, ID. Just seem like every time we turn around something pulls us back to Boise, ID yet.

I've got more than enough work to keep me working for a week yet. Being my expenses are now cut back a bunch without the $800 a month in fuel for dialysis trips. Then another $300 a month in eating out (breakfast and dinner). Now, I barely drive 30 miles to and from work compared to 250 to 350 miles a day.