• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

DIY BD Stealth cover

So I'm looking at pics of this piece of plastic and thinking that $70 is a bit high. 

Has anyone tried to 3d-print their own version of this? I mean, it's just a piece of plastic with 5 holes and a set screw. I was thinking about scanning the stock VP44 cover and printing my own version that I could release for free on Thingiverse or the like so anyone can make their own.

Anybody have a spare VP44 cover they can ship me?

4 hours ago, backcountrymountains said:

Well, I wouldn't be saving any money, but everyone in the future that wants to print a cover instead of paying $70 would save money. 

I'd be open-sourcing it to help out everybody.

People like you is what makes the difference in this world among others on this site :hug:

• Like 1

• Owner

The original stealth cover was designed as a plastic cover with holes drilled. Then the tap hole was threaded in the plastic. Common to strip out. Then it was updated to a hex hole on the back that is snug enough to hold the nut with plastic tension. Then the screw threads into the nut now. I've got both versions of covers the old is in my toolbox and the current upgraded on the pump now.