• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1998.5 SLT Laramie power seats HELP!

I have a 1998.5 4x4. I recently purchased a 1998.5 2x4 parts truck. It has power leather seats in it and the same exact plug under the drivers seat as mine. I installed the seats in my truck and installed the power seats breaker from the parts truck. And nothing. No click, no noise, no power to them. Is there another plug under the dash or another fuse I haven’t found that needs to be put/plugged in to make them work. 

Is there power going to and out of the breaker? Is there power getting to the plug? My manual seat truck has a plug the manual seats plug into. Figure mine is for lighting the seat belt light on the dash. Never messed with power seats to know about them. The wiring might not be there depending on the trim level of the 2 trucks.

Edited by dripley

When I bought my truck, none of the power seat functions would work. I spent hours troubleshooting it, including testing the switch, checking for voltage at the motors, etc. It turned out that every single motor was shot. I would never have believed it if I didn't see it for myself. I ended up replacing the entire seat from a wrecker.

I am getting power to both leads of the breaker. And I have power to 1 wire on my 10 pin plug under my drivers seat. It’s the pink wire I have power too. Like I said it’s the same exact plug to both seats and the same exact wire colors aswell. Just one has a splitter going to the drivers side power stuff after the 10 pin plug. 

10 hours ago, IBMobile said:

May be these diagrams will help. They are for a 99.  The power seats are in them.

I am looking at this diagram. At Oreileys their diagram shows a c203 and c303 plug in between the seat plug and circuit breaker. This diagram shows just the breaker and then the switches. It’s been a while since I had to understand these diagrams haha but I’m gunna try to figure this out. 

I have the 56020694AC wiring harness going to my seats. I guess if it comes down too it I can try to take the harness out of the parts trick and put in mine. It has no front clip or any of that as it was wrecked. Or I can try to take the seats and put them back in that truck and try to give them power some how

1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

All the diagrams show the power to the seats at the red/light blue wire.  I don't see any pink wire in the seat diagrams.

Are these seats out of a standard cab or a club cab?

The seats are out of a extended cab. Mine is an extended cab. Also how should I Hotwire a motor? Just unplug it and try to give it some juice haha. Both trucks 1998.5 slt laramie extended cab long beds. One is 2wd and auto other is 4x4 and 5 speed

SOOOOOOO I figured it out. The parts truck  has a red and lt blue wire going into the 26 pin connector under the dash with safety latch. But my truck has every wire except the red and light blue one.. so I’ll need to swap wiring harnesses. Daunting task but I’m going to gut my interior before paint so I will swap wiring harnesses then

• Staff

I think this is the wire diagram that will work for you.729557508_p-sclubcab.jpg.6e4f52acf4160318b7d7d55e2f4af2a9.jpg

To test a motor apply 12 volts to one wire going to a motor and a ground to the other wire.  To test the driver power seat horizontal motor apply 12 volts to pin p17 red/light blue wire (not the red/light blue wire from the circuit breaker) and ground pin p15 yellow/light blue wire; the motor should move one way. reversing the power and ground will make the reverse.  The other motors can be tested the same way by applying power and ground to them.    

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IBMobile said:

I think this is the wire diagram that will work for you.729557508_p-sclubcab.jpg.6e4f52acf4160318b7d7d55e2f4af2a9.jpg

To test a motor apply 12 volts to one wire going to a motor and a ground to the other wire.  To test the driver power seat horizontal motor apply 12 volts to pin p17 red/light blue wire (not the red/light blue wire from the circuit breaker) and ground pin p15 yellow/light blue wire; the motor should move one way. reversing the power and ground will make the reverse.  The other motors can be tested the same way by applying power and ground to them.    

Thank you for the help! I’m sure I will have more question soon??

On 12/23/2019 at 8:16 PM, IBMobile said:

I ran a bunker from the pink wire to red and light blue wire. The first switch would go up but not down. Second switch went up and down forward and back. 3rd switch went up but not down. Fourth switch inflated and deflated. Any answers? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 11:49 PM, GSP7 said:

I have a power seat and nothing works now either.... All worked when I got the truck

I would guess it is in the switch. I replaced mine with a switch from a 2001 and it kinda fixed it. The switch has 250k miles on it and is very dirty so it gets stuck in the up position and you have to wiggle it but then it will go up and down forward and back now