• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Chevy tow mirror

I've been trying to find some better mirrors for my 01. I really do not care for the Dodge flip up mirrors. I've seen something about using Chevy extendable mirrors on the 2nd gen but haven't found out for sure what year mirrors to use. Anyone here know anything about this?

Got some chevy mirrors from Amazon for $90 for the pair. They fit 88 to 99 or 2000 Chevys. They actually fit a lot better than I thought they would. Had to drill three holes in the door it will have to make a hole for the wiring to go through. Looks like it'll work a lot better then what I had.

20200108_194815.jpg

20200108_194742.jpg

20200108_194719.jpg

• Like 1

Is the passenger side convex?  "Objects in mirror..." and all that?  The thing I hate most about the aftermarket Dodge-style flip up mirrors is that the passenger side is flat.  It's just about useless, and the goofy, corner convex mirror is too small and positioned in the wrong spot!  I added a stick-on convex mirror and it helps, but sure do miss the heated mirror function when I forget to put Wal-mart bags on my mirrors when a storm comes.

I actually like the stick on mirror performance enough that I plan to take it off and replace with the biggest convex mirror I can find.  That flat mirror is useless.  The 'sport' mirrors are useless when pulling a box trailer.  "Weave left, then weave right and look in mirror."  Repeat until someone actually gets the hint your turn signal means something and lets you over.

I for one have always liked the Dodge tow mirrors, except the manual ones. PITA to flip those up then have to adjust them from the inside. As far at convex on the passenger side, I like the ones without. The small convex one does the job for me though bigger would be better. Nice install though @Gregturley, enjoy them

• Thanks 1

Bolt pattern not the same. Drilled 3 new holes. Ohmed the chevy wires to find which pairs went together. Hit 12 volts to them to find polarity. Haven't looked at Dodge wiring yet but can't be that hard. If i have to I'll wire in a chevy switch but don't think that will be needed.

Could have drilled and tapped the mirror base but i did door.

@TFaoro new holes in door for me. The bolts are spaced farther apart than the dodge holes. Think that may help with vibration. Already have mirror connectors to use but my truck was manual everything. I added power locks, mirrors, windows so i don't really care about modifying wiring in it.

• Like 1

@Sycostang67 thanks man. I'm hoping they don't vibrate too much. I've got the Dodge tow mirror braces coming and am waiting to put the mirrors on the truck. Thought they would be here today but nope. 

The mirrors are similar to the ford tow mirror on our shop wrecker and i can see out of them pretty good. Have to be better than what i have now.

Got the driver side done today. Haven't driven it yet so cant comment on vibration but im happy with it. Wiring was real easy. Chevy had 4 wires on mirror, Dodge uses 3 (my old mirrors are from a 95) so just had to tie 2 wires for mirror together. 

20200111_173145.jpg

20200111_173235.jpg

20200111_173203.jpg

20200111_173215.jpg

• Like 1