• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Issue with acdelco ball joints

It’s time to put ball joints in the dodge so I’ve been gathering parts. Sounds like many folks recommend the AC DELCO pros. I ordered 3 off amazon and One off rock auto since amazon didn’t have all 4 I needed. Here’s what showed up first. Amazon has the dull knurled, rock auto was smooth polished one. So I returned the 3 amazon ball joints and ordered the rest from rock auto. And the ones that showed up today look just like the amazon ones. I don’t even know which one’s to put in since the body length and tapers are completely different from one set to the next with same part number. There’s been a mix of USA and Taiwan made parts 

F07E016D-9187-4A51-960F-F7953429D50B.jpeg

I stopped into Napa and their house brand which looks like a rebranded ac delco is same as the knurled one’s. I didn’t want to step up to knurled but I’m under the gun so guess that’s what’s going in. Just a forewarning for anyone looking at ACD ball joints 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Unless I missed it I couldn’t find a number for rock auto just endless web forms. I submitted a return for the smooth body one. Not sure if it was boxed incorrectly or what. I did send that picture to their Facebook page and got an email address to contact them. 

I got my original fitment spicer balls joints from local Sadler power train. Spicer has gone down hill from what I hear, I'm hoping I got old stock or maybe they get better supply as they rebuilt a ton of axles, gearboxes etc and they use spicer as main supplier. 

Idk anymore who to trust on parts, it's a gamble.