• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

vaccum and oil

So I have Mikes CCV mod on my truck and it seems to puke a few teaspoons of oil at least a few times a week.  To go along with that I have no 4x4 functionality.  I am going to go through ALL the vacuum lines tomorrow (5/32" correct?) I am going to replace them all, and reroute them much cleaner if possible to get them where they aren't constantly in the way.  Here is question number 1, if I have a vacuum leak(s) could it contribute to some of the oil puking?  IF NOT, I need to figure out a way to catch the oil before my wife throws me out of the house :-)  we cannot have oil on the driveway.  I get that excess blowby could be caused by a poor functioning vacuum system, I also get that at 350k miles the vacuum may have NOTHING to do with it.  I don't mind the maintenance of draining and cleaning a catch can as that would be easier than the conversations about oil on the driveway.  

Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you

Yes vacuum leaks increase blow-by, mine makes a drip once in awhile. I don't see why you couldn't hang another puke bottle on the end of the tube. One of the reasons to get it away from the front is so your radiator stays clean. If you ran it up and over motor and down between motor and bellhousing, then puke bottle should have no ill effect in that location.

I believe they are but I never measured them. You can get a roll of air brake line from some truck place. Around here they sell it by the foot. Then you can get a few rubber adapters at your local hardware or auto parts store. 1/8th inch air brake line should be more than enough to control your HVAC and Cad if you have one. 

I believe a quarter inch line goes up to firewall and from there it's all 8th. 

Someone else will correct me here in a minute

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking I am going to order all new silicon vacuum lines like I run in my twin turbo BMW.  I will just be ordering 4mm (5/32" equivalent) by the foot anyone have a thought process on how many feet I should order?  I am hoping to find some good fittings and connectors to put into the mix too.

hmm,

A long portion going to the axle actuator and back are metal lines.  This is a total wag but 25 feet should get you there.  you won't have the cruise connection, but 2 2' connections at actuator (not really that long) and 3' for each of the other tubing is 18' (the one across the firewall is probably longer than 3')  for a total of 22'.  So I think 25 should make it fine. 

GL  HTH

Hag