• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Discussion about when and where.....

JAG1

• Staff

Just want to be sure everyone is aware that it is not a good idea to convey your schedule on the forum. Better to do them by PM as you don't really want to let criminals know when your gone and your place is empty. My next door neighbor got robbed 3 yrs ago. Its not fun when that happens.

• Like 2

I on the other hand am hopeful that my house will get robbed or burnt to the ground when I am gone :shifty:   

lol only half way kidding, Just depends on how much time I have spent "repairing" the house in the last couple weeks.

but yea posting your vacation schedule is best left off the world wide web.   kinda like putting apple stickers on the back window of your car to represent your family

FP2ARO3H2MYK439.LARGE.jpg?auto=webp&fram

to me this just tells me that at least 2 or 3 devices where forgotten in the back seat lolol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

I was starting a major remodel on a vacation home with no one around.  Except this crabby old lady came up and said ''just what do you think you are doing?''. With sawzall in hand and having just cut a 3x4 hole in the side of the house, I turned and said, wool the safe won't fit thru the door. She let out the best laugh ever and turned out to be one of the best jobsite watchers I ever had. She was cool :thumb1:

Some folks you just can't help but love even when you don't know them.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2020 at 10:50 AM, JAG1 said:

I was starting a major remodel on a vacation home with no one around.  Except this crabby old lady came up and said ''just what do you think you are doing?''. With sawzall in hand and having just cut a 3x4 hole in the side of the house, I turned and said, wool the safe won't fit thru the door. She let out the best laugh ever and turned out to be one of the best jobsite watchers I ever had. She was cool :thumb1:

Some folks you just can't help but love even when you don't know them.

My job watcher sucks. After one bad day of framing the mistrust is so bad  I have to send pictures with hours and man counts everyday to be sure we are not taking advantedge of there offer to pay overtime they budgeted. And then 6 weeks later they shut us down and owe us $700k. I spent all day today boarding the place up and their rep calls and asks how it is going and then sends me an email asking for more photos. 

On a side note their overtime budget was $20k. Think I will not send the photos.

• Sad 1

• Staff

I was crawling under a house with an access hole sized for a racoon....... barely getting in there, I notice there's hardly 6 inches under the floor beams and a mean ugly spider bigger than anyone's ever seen and webs the size of rope. Just then the lady yells down thru the floor, ''um cam you bid that in 15 minute increments and list each one in your bid?'' Right then I turned around to get out of there, i went to her and said I'm sorry I think it's best you sell the house as is. They wanted it all dug by hand with proper amount of piers to meet code. It would have been an ugly job.

• Owner

Doesn't affect me much... Where I like to camp or travel to there is no internet or cell service typically. All building get locked up, gate is closed and locked. Neighbors are informed. Since I travel where there is no signal I've don't have any way to post up pictures of my travel till I return home. Like my last spot I barely have 1X signal for my cell phone and could make a phone call but no internet. Like Eileen's T-Mobile didn't work at all no signal at all. I'm on Verizon which all the local towers are Verizon owned.

My next adventure might be well beyond cellphones here soon. 

• 11 months later...
  • Staff
On 4/11/2020 at 8:19 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Doesn't affect me much... Where I like to camp or travel to there is no internet or cell service typically. All building get locked up, gate is closed and locked. Neighbors are informed. Since I travel where there is no signal I've don't have any way to post up pictures of my travel till I return home. Like my last spot I barely have 1X signal for my cell phone and could make a phone call but no internet. Like Eileen's T-Mobile didn't work at all no signal at all. I'm on Verizon which all the local towers are Verizon owned.

My next adventure might be well beyond cellphones here soon. 

Mike, IBMobile and me camp where there is no signal. It's great! Plus we only are 4 hrs. away from Eileens folks place. 

• Like 1

• Staff
50 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I've been talking about getting the RV repaired from last year wind event coming home from Arizona. Right now its super muddy here so the RV is stuck in the back yard till the ground dries out again. 

Aluminum diamond plate under there? I can see the thin stuff conforming somewhat to an uneven area if screwed in place properly. Just a thought Boss and no listening to Dieselfuture's beer can and screws idea either :thumb1: No screws where the tank is....:nono:

Ya know..... I think Dieselfuture said he has an all aluminum trailer but did not say its an Airstream..... Gee, I wonder why  :lmao:

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

I rather got light than aluminum and might consider coroplast. It light weight in a fairly cheap compare ot aluminum would transfer cold to the holding tank where the coroplast would not. Giving me better chances in cold weather not to freeze up. Heck its only 23*F here...

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Staff

I didn't know the cover was so close to the tank. Make sure the tank mounting clips are solid before covering up. Stainless screws are good. 

Can you insulate the tank bottom with rigid foam sheeting and then cover with something that will bend and conform over it all?

Galvanized sheet metal?

Edited by JAG1