• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil change interval

12 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Never heard of that brand. Are those available at any common auto parts store or online?

Cummins owns Fleetguard so I buy them or Donaldson, I don't buy the Blue though. Remember for future reference these engines were used in medium duty Trucks, I personally go to Cummins or Freightliner dealer for the bulk of my parts for the engine. Just memorize your engine # on the DR side top of the front cover.

Edited by Blueox01

• Owner

Valvoline 15w-40, NAPA 15w-40, or Chevron Delo 15w-40

Typically using NAPA Gold Filter

I'm running 10,000 change intervals but using standard petroleum oils. Only keep my oil for roughly 1.5 month to 2 month at the Maximum time which in that time I've cover 10,000 miles. Roughly 1,200 miles a week.

Roughly 62,400 miles a year. Currently 407k miles and counting...

Already had the head off and cylinders still looked good at 350k miles when the coolant jacket blew on the head gasket at the rear of the head. 

• Owner
32 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Moparman, you really rack up the miles don't you. 

My mother (MoparMom) has to have dialysis treatment every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. That trip is 125 miles one way, 250 miles to return home. Then any extra miles doing grocery shopping, medical appointments, etc. So last time I checked I've been running about 1,000 to 1,200 miles a week. 

What I've got to deal with... 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 for now...

DSCF4640.JPG

3 hours ago, Evan said:

Delo 15/40 here to.

Run it in my pickup and all our dirt equipment.  I change every few months.  Not sure on my oil change mileage intervals but I ran about 45k last year.

I got back into providing power for horse/stock trailers after I got done restoring my Truck put 43k on in 12 weeks

21 minutes ago, dripley said:

I will tip 500k in about 6 weeks, 494k and change at the moment.

Had one ankle fused Dec 3 waiting to get back to hauling hopefully by march, Still need tro get my frame straightened from the "assident" in Tucson in August.  Still haven't figured out what I'm gonna due when 999,999 comes up. 

Edited by Blueox01
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blueox01 said:

Had one ankle fused Dec 3 waiting to get back to hauling hopefully by march, Still need tro get my frame straightened from the "assident" in Tucson in August.  Still haven't figured out what I'm gonna due when 999,999 comes up. 

I was hoping you would chime in. As I remember from way past posts you had made that you had me beat hands down. When 999.999 comes up, you just quit counting. Or I can send you my spare cluster, it only has 133k on it. I put a couple a miles on it when I had it in mine. Was surprised the mileage appears to store in the cluster. Thought it would be in the ECM.

Edited by dripley

15 minutes ago, dave110 said:

Here's what I'd do...................:cheers: :party:

me too, while my family looks on trying to figure out whats going on. I did at 300k and 400k and they just dont get it.

but I do, 13 years without a car payment with a pretty trustworthy vehicle.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dripley said:

I was hoping you would chime in. As I remember from way past posts you had made that you had me beat hands down. When 999.999 comes up, you just quit counting. Or I can send you my spare cluster, it only has 133k on it. I put a couple a miles on it when I had it in mine. Was surprised the mileage appears to store in the cluster. Thought it would be in the ECM.

I like to be able to keep track of my mileage, hoping I can get a dealer to zero it out. If not might take you up on it.

Edited by Blueox01

16 minutes ago, dripley said:

me too, while my family looks on trying to figure out whats going on. I did at 300k and 400k and they just dont get it.

but I do, 13 years without a car payment with a pretty trustworthy vehicle.

Most of people I know look at me same way, like why don't you just get something new and trade it in every few years, as much as I may want to at times, I just love the fact that everything i have is paid for aside from the house for now. And at 170k some miles 9n the truck I have a long ways to go,  think truck will be illegal before I can wear it out, combine that with my diesel vw I drive for work, all I need is diesel to be available in future and I'm set for the rest of my life on vehicles. May have to start making my own fuel some day. Now if I could get wife on board of not wasting money on stupid heated steering wheel among other gadgets in new cars I'll be set :whistle2:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dripley said:

You know can get on Cummins web site , and get Medallion for each milestone, just 6.95 shipping.

• Like 1