• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
Doubletrouble

Oil change interval

Delo 15/40 here to.

Run it in my pickup and all our dirt equipment.  I change every few months.  Not sure on my oil change mileage intervals but I ran about 45k last year.

Valvoline 15w-40, NAPA 15w-40, or Chevron Delo 15w-40

Typically using NAPA Gold Filter

I'm running 10,000 change intervals but using standard petroleum oils. Only keep my oil for roughly 1.5 month to 2 month at the Maximum time which in that time I've cover 10,000 miles. Roughly 1,200 miles a week.

Roughly 62,400 miles a year. Currently 407k miles and counting...

Already had the head off and cylinders still looked good at 350k miles when the coolant jacket blew on the head gasket at the rear of the head. 

32 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Moparman, you really rack up the miles don't you. 

My mother (MoparMom) has to have dialysis treatment every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. That trip is 125 miles one way, 250 miles to return home. Then any extra miles doing grocery shopping, medical appointments, etc. So last time I checked I've been running about 1,000 to 1,200 miles a week. 

What I've got to deal with... 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 for now...

DSCF4640.JPG

3 hours ago, Evan said:

Delo 15/40 here to.

Run it in my pickup and all our dirt equipment.  I change every few months.  Not sure on my oil change mileage intervals but I ran about 45k last year.

I got back into providing power for horse/stock trailers after I got done restoring my Truck put 43k on in 12 weeks

I will tip 500k in about 6 weeks, 494k and change at the moment.

• Like 3

Beautiful country moparman. Love the view. Why the v8 truck for now? If you don't mind me asking. Don't want to be nosey.

I'm hoping my truck gives me that kind of longevity and more. So far I love the truck, just have to maintain it properly and keep the rust at Bay. 

21 minutes ago, dripley said:

I will tip 500k in about 6 weeks, 494k and change at the moment.

Had one ankle fused Dec 3 waiting to get back to hauling hopefully by march, Still need tro get my frame straightened from the "assident" in Tucson in August.  Still haven't figured out what I'm gonna due when 999,999 comes up. 

Edited by Blueox01
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blueox01 said:

Had one ankle fused Dec 3 waiting to get back to hauling hopefully by march, Still need tro get my frame straightened from the "assident" in Tucson in August.  Still haven't figured out what I'm gonna due when 999,999 comes up. 

I was hoping you would chime in. As I remember from way past posts you had made that you had me beat hands down. When 999.999 comes up, you just quit counting. Or I can send you my spare cluster, it only has 133k on it. I put a couple a miles on it when I had it in mine. Was surprised the mileage appears to store in the cluster. Thought it would be in the ECM.

Edited by dripley

48 minutes ago, Blueox01 said:

Still haven't figured out what I'm gonna due when 999,999 comes up. 

Here's what I'd do...................:cheers: :party:

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, dave110 said:

Here's what I'd do...................:cheers: :party:

me too, while my family looks on trying to figure out whats going on. I did at 300k and 400k and they just dont get it.

but I do, 13 years without a car payment with a pretty trustworthy vehicle.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

I will definitely crack a beer at the milestones. Since I have my Cummins Dodge now I will be parting with my faithful '95 GMC Z71 with 360,000 plus on the clock. Been a great truck but it was time for something bigger and stronger. Wasn't looking for a dually but hard to pass on the deal so........

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dripley said:

I was hoping you would chime in. As I remember from way past posts you had made that you had me beat hands down. When 999.999 comes up, you just quit counting. Or I can send you my spare cluster, it only has 133k on it. I put a couple a miles on it when I had it in mine. Was surprised the mileage appears to store in the cluster. Thought it would be in the ECM.

I like to be able to keep track of my mileage, hoping I can get a dealer to zero it out. If not might take you up on it.

Edited by Blueox01

16 minutes ago, dripley said:

me too, while my family looks on trying to figure out whats going on. I did at 300k and 400k and they just dont get it.

but I do, 13 years without a car payment with a pretty trustworthy vehicle.

Most of people I know look at me same way, like why don't you just get something new and trade it in every few years, as much as I may want to at times, I just love the fact that everything i have is paid for aside from the house for now. And at 170k some miles 9n the truck I have a long ways to go,  think truck will be illegal before I can wear it out, combine that with my diesel vw I drive for work, all I need is diesel to be available in future and I'm set for the rest of my life on vehicles. May have to start making my own fuel some day. Now if I could get wife on board of not wasting money on stupid heated steering wheel among other gadgets in new cars I'll be set :whistle2:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dripley said:

You know can get on Cummins web site , and get Medallion for each milestone, just 6.95 shipping.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blueox01 said:

You know can get on Cummins web site , and get Medallion for each milestone, just 6.95 shipping.

Oh yeah. figured I would get one for 500k but we'll see.

• Like 1

With 330k on the clock, and with my current average of 17k a year since new and my current age, I will have two milestones to celebrate when I hit 999,999.9,  I will also celebrate my 95th  birthday  :cheers:   and only 67 more oil changes to go at 10k intervals 

• Like 1

Considering my current mileage and miles driven a year it'll take 143 years to hit a mil. Considering my current age I have considerably less time than that left. I'll have to set another goal. I'll be mighty thirsty till then.

8 hours ago, AH64ID said:

Not even sure diesel will be legal then.

Hey stop stealing my lines :shifty:

Edit

All kidding aside, I think diesel may become illegal for general public sooner than we think. I'm thinking like 15-20 years tops. I know it sounds crazy but I'm willing to gamble.

Edited by Dieselfuture

13 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Beautiful country moparman. Love the view. Why the v8 truck for now? If you don't mind me asking.

Price of gasoline drop hard in Idaho.  $2.479 to $2.559 a gallon vs $3.259 or $3.459 a gallon for diesel. Not to mention I've gotta pull the transmission again. Weller truck only rebuilt 5th gear. All the other gear have worn syncros. I use a lot of 3rd and 4th in the city. Now between all that is going on here with medical issues and weather I'm delayed on pull the transmission. 

11 hours ago, Blueox01 said:

I like to be able to keep track of my mileage, hoping I can get a dealer to zero it out. If not might take you up on it.

I can't be zero'ed out. The odometer goes to 999,999 miles and then stops right there. You would have to send the cluster in to be zero by a rebuilder. @cajflynn is the one that found that out. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

10 hours ago, Royal Squire said:

What’s your mileage now?

896,547   In Blue below

Edited by Blueox01

My '98 24V Cummins sees about 6,000 - 7,000 miles per year. I tow my RV in the summer. I run Caterpillar DEO 5W40 full synthetic oil. I change my oil annually. Every October just before winter. I take an oil sample in about April, and another in Oct at the time I drain the old oil. I send it in to a lab for analysis. The lab tells me what's going on with my oil and engine internals. Oxidation is a good one to watch, aside from wear metals. I have no concerns and am not guessing when to change my oil.

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1